God of War: Ascension update 1.04 enhances multiplayer, fixes audio

Thursday, 4th April 2013 16:50 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

God of War: Ascension will soon be updated to version 1.04, which comes with a fix to audio issues as well as enhancements to multiplayer.

According to post over on the EU and US PS Blogs, the allegiance level cap in the game will go from 30 to 40 and a new item, two new relics, and an ultimate magic will be available for every allegiance. More information on Elite Levels and specifics regarding the new abilities will be revealed as update 1.04 gets closer.

Players will also be able to access accomplishments in battles from the main menu, and prominent bugs and other issues tagged by the community have also been addressed – such as the aforementioned audio issues.

Shard issues, which have resulted in folks being unable to attain the Spear of Destiny and Barbarian Hammer, are also being addressed along with weapon shard drops in general. This includes the unlock requirements for “certain armor pieces, weapon stats, and magics.”

More improvements to matchmaking are also in the works, and a full change-list will be released closer to the update’s release later this month.

Sony is also readying itself for the first of its DLC pack announcements, so stay tuned.

1. Eregol

Shame it doesn’t make the game any good.
    Easily the worst God of War in the series. Traded in after a week.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Lengendaryboss

@1 Well technically a patch is designed to make a game good, playable, addresses fan feedback, polished etc etc. Yeah i guess this GOW is more tame than the others, but that makes sense as the Kratos here is the not the same Kratos who was nice to pandora only to brutally kill her later on to advance, a God with no morals. (Thanks again Clupula)

#2 1 year ago
  3. Clupula

@2 – Saved someone to brutally kill her to advance? Hmmmm…trying to figure out who you are talking about, as I’m replaying the whole series currently. Are you talking about Poseidon’s mistress/wife?

#3 1 year ago
  4. Lengendaryboss

@3 Well i really can’t remember the name but it is a women, it might be Possidon’s Wife/Mistress. It happened in GOW 3? My memory on the series fuzzy.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Clupula

I don’t recall him really “saving” anybody in GOW3 except Pandora and he was quite nice to her. The woman he puts under the contraption that eventually crushes her, though, he doesn’t really save.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Lengendaryboss

@5 I sure that is what i was referring to.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Eregol

@2 Don’t care that it’s tamer, it just isn’t fun to play.
    Worse than the equally lacklustre Ghost of Sparta

#7 1 year ago
  8. Lengendaryboss

@7 Well your entitled to your opinion. But Ghost of Sparta was made for PSP so it might not impress you graphics or controls wise.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Clupula

Ghost of Sparta was awesome. My second favorite of the series, after GOW2. Of course, I played it on PS3, though.

#9 1 year ago
  10. polygem

Ghost of sparta is pretty straight forward. not so much “puzzle solving” but a great game. very atmospheric, very dark setting.

i liked ascension but it indeed is one of the weaker gow games, probably even the weakest. still a fun game and a must play imo.

the mp is fun too but nothing i will keep coming back to for months to come.

#10 1 year ago
  11. deathm00n

If the matchmaking wasn’t so bad the multiplayer would be awesome, it’s really fun.

#11 1 year ago
  12. xino

I think there will be Ascension 2. Because they didn’t explain the link between Kratos and Athena

also i love the Rage of Kratos in GOW 1, very sick!
    they need to explain how he got that.

GOWA sucks man!
    i hate the way enemies attacked, they attacked like Ninja Blade because you can never get the Rage meter to full up.
    It was a weird difficult game with annoying A.I yet I didn’t find the Trials of Archidemis that hard, only 3/4 tries.

The multiplayer was just unbalanced. They should have made it like Metal Gear Online!

GOW3>GOW1>GOWothers>GOWA

I will be looking forward to Ascension 2 if there will be another version.
    and wtf is up with all the NWO and Satanic signs in the game?

#12 1 year ago
  13. lexph3re

I don’t know I think GoWA compliments the series greatly. This is a tame Kratos, Who doesn’t know what he has done. He knows his family is gone but doesn’t know how. He is a shell being filled in by his past events. That was a great set up for his Rage Induced Fits later on.

As for gameplay, I never had a problem keeping the Rage meter up. I mean at first I did in the beginning but that was until I realized that the blades had effects. And, each blade served differently for the rage meter.

After I figured that out Rage was really easy. Also, the AI seemed perfectly aggressive on hard. Every enemy wanted to beat my ass and all of them showed it. It actually taught me to keep moving from land to air all the time instead of rampaging through.

I wouldn’t put Ascension on the top of the shelf with GoW but I no where near think that it’s the worse in the series. I feel like it really compliments it.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Clupula

For me, the series is:

GOW 2>Ghost of Sparta>GOW 1>GOW 3>Chains of Olympus

Have not picked up Ascension as of yet.

#14 1 year ago
  15. polygem

i can´t put them in an order really. i liked them all. i think gow1 and gow3 wowed me the most though. i really really love both psp games too. well, like i said, i like them all :) everyone should just get the gow saga and keep it locked and save to replay them at any time needed. just classic, almost flawless games, all of them. gameplay is just ace.

#15 1 year ago
  16. Clupula

The only one I don’t like is Chains of Olympus. I think I might have liked it if I had played it first, though.

#16 1 year ago
  17. polygem

…and on the psp maybe. when i bought it for the psp i was very impressed that it indeed was a real gow game on a handheld, really cool. i know, you´re not into handheld gaming ;)

#17 1 year ago
  18. lexph3re

I loved COO It’s probably one of my favorite moments in the GoW series. All the Slaying of Gods and Titans does not compare to pushing away you moment of happiness with your Daughter all to save a world you do not truely care for. That was an intense moment for me and REALLY made me feel for Kratos.

The only other moment I felt came close to that was when Kratos was strangling the life of his fake wife. The moment he turns his head so he can break past that to choke the chick. DEEP!

#18 1 year ago
  19. polygem

yes i also liked that scene a lot. he had to give up a life with his daughter in order to save her, or no not directly her, but the whole world, which includes her because she is a part of it. she didn´t understand that at that point, she´s just seeing a mad man, her own father, killing everything in his way and leaving her alone. that was a great moment indeed and i truly felt sorry for kratos and the kid. they both felt miserable, yet it was the right thing to do.

#19 1 year ago