Drakengard 3 spawns new screens, art

Thursday, 4th April 2013 05:48 GMT By Brenna Hillier

It’s that time again: Square Enix has released a batch of new screenshots for Drakengard 3, so get out your best “looks like a PS2 game” riffs while I carefully note down your name for the coming revolution, in which everyone who has not played Nier and even some who have will be forced into menial labour and never permitted to feel sunlight.

Drakengard 3 was announced last month. Called Drag-on Dragoon 3 in Japanese, it stars a pair of Songstresses named Zero and One, is expected to be just as bloody and controversial as its progenitors, and has not been confirmed for western release. It’s being developed by a Square Enix team led by several former Cavia members, including those who worked on related title Nier, for PlayStation 3.

These new screens come courtesy of Gematsu; check out an earlier batch here.

1. Clupula

It’s at least nice to know I’m not the only person here excited for this.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dragon246

And yet it looks like a PS2 game :D

#2 1 year ago
  3. Ristas

Man, every time i read about someone loving “Nier” i get that warm feeling inside. I really get the feeling a kind of cult following formed around the game and i couldn’t be more happy about that, as it is one of the most underappreciated games of all time in my opinion.

I honestly couldn’t be more pumped for Drakengard 3, if only for the story. I really hope it’s going to be just as batshit insane as the first one. Still can’t believe there is going to be a sequel just like that out of nowhere.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Telepathic.Geometry

@Ristas: Fuck man, I’ve been on the fence about getting Nier for ages now… Right, here’s your shot: Gimme a 3 line sell, why should I play that game?

#4 1 year ago
  5. Ristas

It made me care more about it’s characters than Telltale-The Walking Dead did.

It has the best soundtrack of this entire generation.

Asura’s voice actors Liam O’Brian voices a british, sarcastic, flying book :P

#5 1 year ago
  6. Telepathic.Geometry

SOLD! Cheers fella… /amazon

#6 1 year ago
  7. roadkill

And yet another game for virgin kiddies..

#7 1 year ago
  8. dizzygear

I shall withhold my hype until it gets a release date in Europe.

#8 1 year ago