Toukiden scans grace Famitsu: show character art, little else

Wednesday, 3rd April 2013 08:26 GMT By Dave Cook

Toukiden developer Omega Force has hurled some rather stylish character art at Famitsu this week, making for some rather lovely page spreads in the magazine. There’s absolutely no PS Vita gameplay images however, but do click through if you like fancy art.

Pretty swish no? The bigger version is below, and you can also check out the new Toukiden gameplay trailer here for an actual idea of what the brawler is like.

Thanks AGB.

1. Dragon246

Playing the Jp demo right now (and crying at the same time for losing all photos and videos saved on my Memory Card, DAMN YOU SONY!).

The graphics are good, especially monsters and characters.Even surroundings are good to great. But I wasn’t interested any further. Thats expected I guess since I don’t really like MH-esqe games.
    But a MH fan should love it.

#1 1 year ago
  2. dtyk

^ good to hear. Been waiting for improved graphics on MH games for ages. Then they decided to make the graphics worse for MH4…

#2 1 year ago
  3. Dragon246

^Almost everything on Vita, including turds, beat MH4 hands down. MH4 looks downright horrible. Toukiden is worlds apart, really beautiful. MH4 looks bad even for a 3ds game.

I am definitely interested as to why MH4 still doesn’t have a release date.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Lengendaryboss

@Dragon Because its rumored to be hitting PS Vita or Capcom are not confident in the 3DS. How much did MH3 Ultimate sell in japan? Say what you want about Monster Hunter its sells boatloads software and hardware wise (in japan) and Nintendo know that.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Dragon246

@LB,
    Lots of things are rumored, but I haven’t seen a reliable source yet.

Btw, MH3U sold about 1-1.5 million.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Lengendaryboss

@Dragon Really? i thought it would do better in japan. Well either Monster Hunter has lost its touch or Capcom are on the wrong platforms.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Lord Gremlin

@6 Very hardcore game with very robust multiplayer component stuck on Nintendo systems. Wow, I’ve no idea why it stopped making good money!

#7 1 year ago
  8. Lengendaryboss

@7 Careful you could attract a certain someone who might fight you on that.

#8 1 year ago
  9. malethief

I seen the gameplay and I do like these monster hunter type clones that are on the market. However I’ve played Lord of Arcana, Lord of Apocalypse, God Eater, Phantasy Star Portable, and Ragnarok Odyssey they all lack the addictive factor that monster hunter has. Maybe it’s once you’ve played and mastered monster hunter everything else seems so simple to master combat wise. They’re all different and add something to table that I do enjoy as I have friends to play them with locally regularly.

Though Phantasy Star is the originator of the 4 player co-op hack and slash mash up it doesn’t get the credit monster hunter does.

#9 1 year ago