Wed, Apr 03, 2013 | 17:36 BST
MLG Spring Season – Black Ops 2 registration now open, schedule outlined
Registration for MLG’s Spring Season for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is now open, and the dates have been set.
The Spring Championship will take place in Anaheim, CA from June 28-30 and will include a 128-team Open Bracket and a 24-team Championship Bracket featuring the top eight teams from the Winter Championship, four winning teams from the online Qualifiers and 12 teams from the Open Bracket.
Qualifiers will be single elimination, best of five game matches.
The Spring Season of MLG’s 10th annual Pro Circuit will include the Activision shooter on Xbox 360, through four online Qualifiers which will determine the four starting spots in the Championship Bracket.
All matches will be broadcast here, and the broadcast schedule is posted below.
The four qualifiers will be held through GameBattles on the following dates :
- April 13th to May 1st
- May 4th to May 15th
- May 18th to May 29th
- June 1st to June 12th
Initial Rounds will be held on Saturdays, and later rounds will be held on select weeknights during the weeks that follow.
Here’s more information per MLG, which includes rules, regulations, the schedule and other important facts:
- The Entry Fee is 20 MLG Credits per player per Qualifier.
- Registration is now open for all four Qualifiers.
- Registration will close for each Qualifier at 11:30 PM EST on the day before each Qualifier starts.
- Only US residents are eligible for participation in the Qualifiers. Not valid in Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota, and Vermont.
- Players on Teams that finished in the top 8 of the Winter Championship Event are not eligible for participation.
- Previous Spring Championship Bracket Qualifier winners are not eligible to participate in subsequent Spring Championship Bracket Qualifiers.
- Register here.
Prizes – $50,000; First place – $20,000:
- 1st place team in each qualifier secures a starting spot in the Spring Championship Bracket
- Cash prizes for each qualifier will be determined by the number of entries received
- All Players on the top 32 Teams in each qualifier will receive Pro Circuit Rank Points, which will be used to seed Anaheim Teams
- The Leader of the top 32 Teams in the first two qualifiers will receive an early opportunity to purchase an Anaheim Team Pass
- All Players on the top 4 Teams in each qualifier will receive a trophy on their profile
- All Players on the top 4 Teams in each qualifier will receive a customized forum title for 30 days
Broadcast Schedule – all broadcasts air starting at 7pm EST:
Spring Championship Bracket Qualifier #1
- Tuesday, April 16th – Round of 32 Matches
- Thursday, April 18th – Round of 16 Matches
- Tuesday, April 23rd – Round of 16 Matches
- Thursday, April 26th – Round of 16 & Quarterfinal Matches
- Tuesday, April 30th – Quarterfinal Matches
- Thursday, May 2nd – Semifinal & Final Matches
Spring Championship Bracket Qualifier #2
- Tuesday, May 7th – Round of 16 Matches
- Thursday, May 9th – Round of 16 & Quarterfinal Matches
- Tuesday, May 14th – Quarterfinal Matches
- Thursday, May 16th – Semifinal & Final Matches
Spring Championship Bracket Qualifier #3
- Tuesday, May 21st – Round of 16 Matches
- Thursday, May 23rd – Round of 16 & Quarterfinal Matches
- Tuesday, May 28th – Quarterfinal Matches
- Thursday, May 30th – Semifinal & Final Matches
Spring Championship Bracket Qualifier #4
- Tuesday, June 4th – Round of 16 Matches
- Thursday, June 6th – Round of 16 & Quarterfinal Matches
- Tuesday, June 11th – Quarterfinal Matches
- Thursday, June 13th – Semifinal & Final Matches
Additional details about Open Bracket passes and the Spring Championship will be released soon.