Advance Wars could make a comeback, developer suggests

Wednesday, 3rd April 2013 09:00 GMT By Dave Cook

Advance Wars developer Intelligent Systems – the same team who recently worked their beautiful magic on Fire Emblem: Awakening – has suggested that its turn-based war series may be on the rebound.

Take this one with a dash of optimism as it’s not an out-right confirmation, but Fire Emblem: Awakening’s project manager Masahiro Higuchi recently offered a glimmer of hope on the game’s official site.

In an interview he said, “Whether it’s Fire Emblem or the Advance Wars, we never want to put an end to any series we’re involved with. We always want to make games that provide a lot of fun to gamers, so if we have the chance, we’d certainly like to make another [Advance Wars] title.”

We haven’t heard from the war-faring series since 2008′s Advance Wars: Dark Conflict, but a new game on 3DS would certainly be appreciated by fans.

What do you think?

Thanks Nintendo Life.

1. Francis O

I think they have their hands full with Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. After that game is complete I would love for them to make a original Fire Emblem game for the Wii U.

So Advanced Wars in cool but Fire Emblem Awakening is so much better than any Advanced Wars game i’ve played.

#1 1 year ago
  2. schaffigames

I loved playing Advance Wars and sure hope that it’ll make a comeback. Actually I think that both, Fire Emblem and Advance Wars could perform very well with the Wii U’s gamepad and, at least for me, they would definitely be a system-seller.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Digital Bamboo

How about a re-issue of Advance Wars & Dual Strike? I’ve wanted to play those games for awhile now but I’ve never been able to to find a copy, and they’re going for between $75 & $160 on Amazon.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Hirmetrium

I do think they really need to bring back the original cast in a new story. None of these “extras” they added. Eagle, Andy, Olaf for some classic action.

@Digital Bamboo: this is why nintendo need to sort their digital store out. You should be able to download these classics already.

#4 1 year ago
  5. zinc

They should release these on ios/android. They’d be printing money!!

Maybe.

#5 1 year ago
  6. fihar

And people say digital games are a bad thing.
    It’s practically the only solution I know of in dealing with rare copies.

Agreed. While I think that Days of Ruin was better than Dual Strike, I hated the post-apocalyptic setting and the dark, serious nature of the game.
    And I miss Kanbei and Grit.

Tbh, I’ve always struggled more with Advance Wars rather than Fire Emblem. I suck at managing resource.

#6 1 year ago
  7. OlderGamer

I would like it to be a WiiU game. Digital is fine. But I would play it.

#7 1 year ago