GTA 5 box-art revealed in New York mural

Tuesday, 2nd April 2013 09:27 GMT By Dave Cook

GTA 5′s box-art has been painted on a wall somewhere in New York’s Manhattan district of Chelsea. This isn’t an April Fools by the way.

The above image was papped by fan-site iGTA5 and brought to our attention by OXM.

Rockstar Games has since said it will reveal a digital version of the box-art soon, but here is a fan mock-up of what they think it might look like:

GTA 5 is due on PS3 and Xbox 360 from September.

What do you think?

1. SyNx153

Looks real

#1 1 year ago
  2. Fin

Prooobably – it’s how they revealed GTA IV box art.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

Oh for pete sake Dave GTA V is not officially due on PC, unless you know something we don’t :) seriously change it you have made this mistake before.
    I can’t wait for this to be officially finished.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Dave Cook

@3 Question: Why does this get people annoyed? It will come to PC, it’s as clear as the coming of night :P

#4 1 year ago
  5. Lengendaryboss

@4 Sorry for being blunt Dave, but its misleading and gets PC fans hopes up thats why its annoying, then they realize its not true more annoying. I know very well it will come to PC (thats where it was born after all), but as of right now it is officially “up for consideration” along with a Wii U, Dan Houser’s words. If you wrote something along the lines of that it would be factually true.

#5 1 year ago
  6. loki

author is total noob.
    @3looks like Dave knows more than Rockstar or he’s just another naive PC gamer who likes to lie to people
    @4 News should be based on facts, not on your dreams. and thanks to the authors like you, vg247 become a real dump

#6 1 year ago
  7. Dave Cook

@6 The game is clearly coming to PC at some point. I don’t play PC games – I prefer consoles – so I can’t be a naive PC Gamer, plus I don’t purposely lie to people. I don’t appreciate being accused of lying to people.

@5 no worries, although I dislike the word ‘misleading’ as it implies purposely lying to people, which I would never do. I know you know that though, just throwing it out there :)

#7 1 year ago
  8. Dave Cook

@6 “thanks to the authors like you, vg247 become a real dump”

What? How has the site become a real dump because I wrote ‘PC’ in an article. I’ve deleted it now so you can cut the shit mate. Really getting fed up of how horrible some of you can be on here.

I’ve deleted the PC reference, normality can resume, you can calm down now.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Samoan Spider

@8 Don’t let it get to you mate, as always keep doing what you’re doing. It’ll come to PC eventually. I don’t see it being another Red Dead. It’s too big for them to miss the PC market, it’ll just be late.

Edit: Oh and what gives VG247 any negativity of late is members of the community abusing the writers. If you don’t like it, leave quietly and never return. Don’t start hurling insults or accusations. Not telling you what to do, but if you have to hurl abuse on the internet, your life must be pretty bleak!

#9 1 year ago
  10. OwnedWhenStoned

@8 Obviously you’ve forgotten that computer games are SERIOUS BUSINESS and we can’t have any, y’know, fun. It upsets the babies.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Dave Cook

@10 Hah :D

@9 +1

#11 1 year ago
  12. AlchemyFire

@6 – I beg to differ! I’m a relatively new user to VG247, and this is in no way even remotely close to being a “dump”

Secondly, it is inevitable that this is coming to PC, so much so, that Amazon even have it listed: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grand-Theft-Auto-PC-DVD/dp/B0062KJ256/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1364894743&sr=1-5

So sit back down and drink your juice

#12 1 year ago
  13. Lengendaryboss

@9 I wasn’t doing any of that by the way. if i am negative i will usually apologize.
    @6 Come on dude enough of that, lets leave it as that.
    @12 Well until Rockstar come out and stay it, its still rumored/not official/non existent. But your right it will happen and welcome to VG247 where some people think this is a dump :) far from it.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Dave Cook

@13 I know you weren’t dude, sorry if it sounded like I thought you were :D You’re one of the good ones. In fact, most people here are good ones. I love the community, it’s genuinely awesome.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Lengendaryboss

@14 Good to know, my ego boost just got higher :) thanks.

#15 1 year ago
  16. Samoan Spider

@13 I know what you were saying and whilst you were being a touch negative, you weren’t being abusive. The blame lies elsewhere and what I was saying wasn’t in any way pointed at you. The person responsible who it was aimed at in this thread has made a habit of it.

#16 1 year ago
  17. xxJPRACERxx

The reason it will come to PC is because it’s R* North. Red Dead was developed by R* San Diego.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Lengendaryboss

@17 Does it really matter who develops certain games? Rockstar Vancouver developed Max Payne 3 it ended up on PC. Rockstar Leeds handheld developer/specialist and porter of most Rockstar games would most likely take it apon themselves to do the dirty work. The reason it will come to PC is because many leaks prove otherwise and GTA was born on PC Rockstar can’t ignore that.

#18 1 year ago
  19. russdude13

Yeah, it seems pretty real
    It goes with everything else they have done before

#19 1 year ago
  20. mkotechno

Crappy viral marketing… some guys earns a lot of money to do this shit.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Lengendaryboss

@20 So he walks away richer and prouder and many websites report it and gets loads of hits, yeah “Crappy viral marketing” at its best.

#21 1 year ago
  22. xxJPRACERxx

@18 R* North games always come to PC. It’s not the same for other R* games, especially R* San Diego (Red Dead and Midnight Club before it). I’m not saying it’s the main reason but I think it matter since there’s no reason why Read Dead never appeared on PC.

#22 1 year ago