Dust: An Elysian Tail, Deadlight, Mark of the Ninja, more 50% off on Xbox Live

Tuesday, 2nd April 2013 17:09 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Dust: An Elysian Tail, Deadlight, and Mark of the Ninja are all currently 50% off on Xbox Live, according to Major Nelson. The full list of games on sale is also through here, but we’ve got a tasting below, courtesy of CVG.

• A World of Keflings – 400 MP (50% off)
  • Axel & Pixel – 400 MP (50% off, Gold exclusive)
  • Deadlight – 600 MP (50% off)
  • Dust: An Elysian Tail – 600 MP (50% off)
  • Mark of the Ninja – 600 MP (50% off)
  • Mercury – 200 MP (50% off, Gold exclusive)
  • Pool Nation – 400 MP (50% off, Gold exclusive)
  • Puzzle Arcade – 400 MP (50% off, Gold exclusive)
  • Quarrel – 200 MP (50% off, Gold exclusive)
  • Retro City Rampage – 600 MP (50% off, Gold exclusive)
  • Swarm – 200 MP (50% off, Gold exclusive)
  • The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom – 400 MP (50% off)
  • Trials HD – 400 MP (50% off)

1. Da Man

All the best downloadable titles, all on Xbl.

Buy now at half a price or wait for a Posn port years later? Hmm.

2. Djoenz

wtf is Posn? XBL has its own term for currency thats how lame it is. “Microsoft Points” lmao.

Question: What is Xbox Live Silver?

Answer: Xbox Live Free (Silver) is a free version of the Xbox Live service. The main difference between the Gold and Free levels of service is that you can’t play online multiplayer games with Xbox Live Free. You can still download content from the Xbox Live Marketplace, download games in the Xbox Live Arcade, and keep a friends list so you can chat and share your gamer profile and achievements.

Xbox Live Free has a couple of other disadvantages introduced more recently after the Xbox 360 first launched in 2005. With Free, you can’t use Netflix on your Xbox 360, you can’t watch ESPN, and some demos and other content may be delayed for free users while Gold members get it first.

3. Da Man

Posn = network which goes under maintenance more often than you play games online.

So what if there exists Xbl Silver? If you can’t afford $40 a year you shouldn’t be playing videogames.

Your point is moot (and lame).

4. Djoenz

Muwhahahaha you dumb troll. Im just saying Im happy to wait a year for ports as long PSN remains free Im good. :)

5. CyberMarco

PosN= Piece of shit network maybe?

Anyhow, it’s not about “If you can’t afford $40 a year you shouldn’t be playing videogames.”, I personally don’t pay for Xbox live by principle. My brother bought the Xbox 360 back in 2007, but I couldn’t see a reason why I should pay to be able to play online, something that PS3 and PC are offering for free.

Also “All the best downloadable titles, all on Xbl.” are available down the road on Steam too, with Steam features and ridiculously low pricing during Steam Sales.

6. Da Man

Poor poor 12 years old, #4 :( Poor poor nerd should play some mystical oriental videogames to ease the pain of inferior online.

As for Steam, far from it. Only a portion of them become available a year or something down the line.

7. Djoenz

:P

8. Cobra951

@2: Having their own currency is not the worst of it. The worst is that you can’t buy the exact number of points that you need. You need to buy them in multiples of 400, and most of these games on sale are going for 600. That’s evil. The only way I’m participating is if I go for 2 of them (1200), which I can buy in 2 transactions (800+400).

I have had 20 pts (a quarter) in my account forever, with no way to use them. There was something I bought for an odd number of points in the murky past (I forget what) and I’ve been trying to get back to zero points unused ever since. Consider that most users aren’t as anal about it as I, and then multiply points leftover by the millions of users. Evil, I tell you.

9. OlderGamer

“The worst is that you can’t buy the exact number of points that you need. You need to buy them in multiples of 400, and most of these games on sale are going for 600. That’s evil.”

+1 right there. I hate that. Being that I have kids and a family gold plan, I also dislike how the transfer points works too. Same type of problem.