Here’s Kojima’s FOX Engine tech demo from GDC

Saturday, 30th March 2013 01:08 GMT By Phil Owen

This week we got to see a presentation from Kojima and co., and aside from discussing Metal Gear Solid 5 they also showed off that game’s new engine, the FOX Engine. And, I should say, it really does look nice. Click through for a short video demonstrating its graphical fidelity.

1. xino

The Euchiledoen guys needs to go home, unlimited Graphics?
    after seeing UE4, Luminious, Activision Engine, Fox Engine.
    having unlimited graphics counts for nothing now!

#1 1 year ago
  2. POOP CRUSTY

How this can be current gen is beyond me. My guess is that as soon as the next xbox is out, it will be announced for next gen. *sigh*…..let the saving begin.

#2 1 year ago
  3. POOP CRUSTY

Ment as soon as it’s announced.

#3 1 year ago
  4. MegaGeek1

@ Poop Crusty – lol at your name.

I’ve been saying that all along. There’s no way this can be for current gen. And if I’m wrong, just imagine what games at the end of PS4 and Nextbox’s lifecycle will look like.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Phoenixblight

What you see this engine can do namely the global illumination and skin shading will not be in current gen. In fact I would say you won’t get getting 40% of the stuff you see with what this engine can do. I know the trailer had said that MGS 5 is for current gen which is likely but I really hope they can put it out with next gen so you can see all these cool doodads.

#5 1 year ago
  6. ActionGameKing

Kojima posted a photo of him and Mark Cerny at GDC, it’s clearly coming to next gen consoles.

#6 1 year ago
  7. mkotechno

Photorealistic in small rooms and close views, crap in open environments.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Lengendaryboss

@2 I having difficulty believing this is current gen as well.

#8 1 year ago
  9. waltran

where is the horse? i came here to look to the horse :(

#9 1 year ago
  10. Kuwabara

the mgs4 early demo looked way better than the final release. Apparently the capabilities of the ps3 weren’t what kojima had hoped. Not to sure what to expect.

#10 1 year ago
  11. POOP CRUSTY

Kuwabara I’m pretty sure it’s running on next gen consoles but since the nextbox isn’t announced yet they are holding back on announcing the real platforms. Think about it, If it’s for the ps3 and 360…WHY IN THE WORLD ISN’T IT BEING PLAYED ON THEM WHEN SHOWCASING??? Because they’re not going to be current gen and Kojima doesn’t want to wait for the announcement of both consoles. He wants the hype out early.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Kuwabara

@11, But Kojima said it’s going to release on current gen systems. And the gameplay of snale running through the base through the day/night cycle looks on par with uncharted 3 graphics, and the mud/rock grass textures looks this gen.The original mgs4 engine has been surpassed by other devs on ps3, i think kojima wants to end this gen with best graphics on ps3.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Da Man

Pretty much generic Sony business here, tasteless tech demos and disappointing videogames.

#13 1 year ago