Thu, Mar 28, 2013 | 02:33 GMT
Cart Life takes out Independent Games Festival grand prize
Depressingly realistic business sim Cart Life has walked home with three of the Independent Games Festival’s 2013 awards, including the Seumas McNally grand prize.
It’s a somewhat controversial win as it also took out the Nuovo Award; a win in the experiment category and the grand prize may ruffle conservative feathers. It also won best narrative design.
FTL was the other big winner, taking the excellence in design and audience award.
The full list of winners is below; congratulations to all honoured – including nominees who missed out. The GDC Awards are now underway and we’ll have full results soon.
- Seumas McNally grand prize: Cart Life (Richard Hofmeier)
- Excellence in visual art: Kentucky Route Zero (Cardboard Computer)
- Nuovo Award: Cart Life (Richard Hofmeier)
- Excellence in Audio: 140 (Jeppe Carlsen)
- Excellence in narrative: Cart Life (Richard Hofmeier)
- Award for technical excellence: Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation)
- Award for excellence in design: FTL (Software Heaven Inc)
- Best student game: Zineth (Arcane Kids)
- Audience award: FTL (Software Heaven Inc)