Wii U system update video shows improved performance in action

Wednesday, 27th March 2013 09:26 GMT By Dave Cook

Wii U is due to receive a performance update in April and aside from adding Virtual Console into the mix, will improve the console’s load times and stability. Nintendo has released a video to prove it.

What do you think? Will you go retro-crazy on the Virtual Console? I know I will.

Thanks Siliconera.

1. DuckNation

i just feel asleep waiting for that “before” load time

Man that must have been rough for you Wii U people this update took too long

#1 1 year ago
  2. monkeygourmet

WTF?

That still seems crazy slow. I swear my Wii U boots back to home quicker than the ‘after’ video already?

Im sure it’s not as long as the ‘before’ video…

#2 1 year ago
  3. Francis O

Either way…. It’s nice to have the update to speed up the OS. March was a good month for Wii U in terms of releases. Hopefully we get a Nintendo Direct with some announcement on The Wonderful 101, Xenoblade, and Pikmin 3

#3 1 year ago
  4. Fin

Holy fuck that before load time is insane.
    Even the after one is longer than the 360.

Next-gen’s gonna completely put it to shame.

#4 1 year ago
  5. monkeygourmet

It is mental, I swear it’s been doctored to look even longer. I have never recalled waiting that long with mine, even the after load time looks shitty.

After using a smartphone / iPad, the IOS is pretty poor, this change doesn’t look much better.

It’s a shame as the Miiverse is one of the nicest online services to use and the communities are fantastic.

#5 1 year ago
  6. viralshag

@5, When you’re at home you probably look at something else for that short period of time when loading. As compared to here where it’s the only thing you’re focusing on so it might seem longer.

Either way, the before and after both seem “long” and it’s not exactly something that makes for thrilling promotion of the console.

“Hey everyone, you remember those complaints about our really really slow OS? Well we’ve improved that and now it’s only really slow! Our aim is to be bordering on normal (slow) by summer…”

#6 1 year ago
  7. theevilaires

I counted 8 secs for the after and 24 seconds on the before. Its an improvement overall. Now get the games to come out.

#7 1 year ago
  8. ps3fanboy

What a system seller!

Seriously, Sony are teasing the PS4 and some impressive looking games, Microsoft have the new Xbox just around the corner and Nintendo are teasing…….an update that cuts load times?

Just what the Wii U needed, faster loading for all those games it doesn’t have.

#8 1 year ago
  9. mistermogul

This still needs improving. Why on earth does it need this long?

Nintendo take such pride in short loading times for their games, yet this is total crap. I just don’t understand it!?

#9 1 year ago
  10. DrDamn

It’s a bit odd considering they reserve 1Gb for the OS. It should be phone/tablet quick to switch about.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Telepathic.Geometry

Jesus Christ, I had no idea it was that bad. I thought that the “After” one was the way it is now. That’s brutal…

#11 1 year ago
  12. PC_PlayBoy

Still slow as shit.

#12 1 year ago
  13. monkeygourmet

I’ll try and time mine when I get home, give an example of my system to see if it matches up.

I honestly don’t recall it being that slow! :)

#13 1 year ago
  14. theevilaires

I don’t recall it being that slow either but I guess it really is. ps3Fanboy is right though. why are they even releasing a video? Just release the damn update and get those 1st party games out.

#14 1 year ago
  15. ActionGameKing

As long as they drop the price b4 Bayonetta 2 releases, I’m cool.

#15 1 year ago
  16. NightCrawler1970

Dont worry folks, kiddies are patience with loading accept this psycho-german kid

TIME FOR i7? chip-set