1. SlayerGT

Looks pretty cool.

#1 1 year ago
  2. tezzer1985

So Ground Zeros is Metal Gear Solid 5?

#2 1 year ago
  3. monkeygourmet

Did he really say:

‘Dont you die on me!’ At the start of this?! lol :)

Well, I hope he remembered to include some gameplay this time and sort the controls out, but this trailer is sure to give all MGS fans a huge boner!

#3 1 year ago
  4. EdNorton

Metal Gear Solid 5 gameplay

#4 1 year ago
  5. Bashtee

Join the HYPE-Train baby.

#5 1 year ago
  6. diego-rbb-93

2# Yes, Ground Zeroes & Phantom Pain are MGSV.

#6 1 year ago
  7. monkeygourmet

You say gameplay, I say interactive cut scene…

Come on dude, the term ‘gameplay’ should never be linked to shit like that. If that was the case, then ‘Dragons Lair’ is still one of the best looking ‘games’ out there!

#7 1 year ago
  8. Clupula

I’m super excited about this.

ALSO, I have to mention that I said on here, many times, that The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes were the same thing. A few people are argued with me.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Phoenixblight

So is this following MGS4 or a prequel like MGS3? Because if its after MGS4 how in the hell does snake still function? He could barely move in MGS4 so I can’t see how he could even function as an agent after a 9 year comma. Kojima and his over the top,anime malarkey.

#9 1 year ago
  10. lexph3re

I just died in side with joy

#10 1 year ago
  11. Beta

Quite sad about the lack of David Hayter.

#11 1 year ago
  12. CycloneFox

@11: Me too.

Anyway, presentation of the Fox engine was stunning. Especially seeing the Ground Zeroes trailer at daylight by just changing the day-time-value without even touching any texture was impressive.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Beta

It’s a beautiful engine no doubt. And I’m sure I’ll love the game. But at the moment the change of voice is dimming my joy slightly considering I grew up with Hayter playing Snake.

#13 1 year ago
  14. aseddon130

Is there really any need for a 5 minute debut trailer?? Kojima is like Tarantino in that respect, needs a bit of restriction for himself sometimes.

#14 1 year ago
  15. theevilaires

I don’t care what any of you say its coming to PS4. Theres some stuff in there thats just unthinkable with only 512MB of RAM. You honestly think Kojima won’t make a Wii U port either to further boost sales? Plus theres also no release date set yet. It could easily be next year this time spring for a PS4 port.

#15 1 year ago
  16. osric90

BEAUTIFUL. BEAUTIFUL. Brought tears to my eyes. I can’t wait to have this. Hopefully it comes out for PC too.

#16 1 year ago
  17. salarta

@9: FOX + eyepatch = Big Boss = before Solid Snake.

#17 1 year ago
  18. monkeygourmet

And Xbox 720 obviously

#18 1 year ago
  19. Erthazus

Hey TEA, give me back my 1000$

#19 1 year ago
  20. Phoenixblight

That doesn’t make sense as Big Boss had both arms in MEtal Gear 4. So they can regrow arms but not eyeballs. Ok…..

#20 1 year ago
  21. Lengendaryboss

@17 Can’t blame him as the MGS story and characters are very convoluted, very easy to get confused if your not a long-term fan. @18 The Xbox720 you mean the multimedia, kinect causal console :)
    @20 Solid/Old Snake is the one you were referring to who is in MG 1/2 and MGS 1,2 and 4, Big Boss/Naked Snake is the main character of MGS 3 and the biological father of Solid/Old Snake (I Think) he also stars in Portable ops, peace walker and MGS 5 and his arms there is a logical explanation for that.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Beta

According to Hayter’s twitter they didn’t even ask him to be involved…

What the actual fuck Kojima?

#22 1 year ago
  23. salarta

@20: While my memory of everything in MGS4 is fuzzy, I don’t recall confirmation that the arm Big Boss has in MGS4 is biological. It could very easily be cybernetic.

#23 1 year ago
  24. Phoenixblight

I have played this series since Nintendo. I have just chucked the story out the window since Metal gear Solid 2. Its extremely convoluted and Kojima is just throwing everything in the game he doesn’t care its like watching a horrible Japanese Anime they make things up as they go.

So they can make functional cybernetic arms but not of eyeballs? Again He just creates shit to make a game. He doesn’t know what he is doing either.

#24 1 year ago
  25. GwynbleiddiuM

@9 It’s even way before original Metal Gear (NES, MSX) don’t you see how young Ocelot is? and Psycho Mantis is a boy, haven’t lost a hair. :D

And as far as the lost eye goes, it’s one of Big Boss’ key characteristic and physical features, can’t just change that for your convenience. :P

It’s been there since the first Metal Gear and in every game came after.

#25 1 year ago
  26. TD_Monstrous69

A fitting swan song for this current generation’s hardware, from the guy who was once angry that these systems took so long to make (and that’s how MGS2 was born). I can’t wait to see more, though would love to see Kojima work on a new IP, I’ll look forward to a new MGS none the less.

#26 1 year ago
  27. Lengendaryboss

@26 Well he said he was working on project orge which i am not sure if it was MGS under disguise, he said project orge wasn’t related to this. So he is working on a New IP.

#27 1 year ago
  28. Dragon246

I don’t know, but it seems I have lost interest here. Hopefully those graphics are what PS3 version will be. Multiplats generally are visually worse than exclusives, but I want this to be better looking than MGS4. It will be, if that trailer/gameplay is what console version will look like.

@20,
    Its something called style man! Eyepatches are COOL :P

#28 1 year ago
  29. salarta

@24: … Yes, they can make functional cybernetic arms. Raiden and Sam. And yes, they can do that but not do the same for eyeballs. Raiden in Revengeance loses his eye, can’t get a cybernetic one.

#29 1 year ago
  30. GwynbleiddiuM

@Dragon BLASPHEMY!!! Ever since PSone I mainly bought each console to play Metal Gear Solid games, so I don’t really care all that much how graphically it will look. From the what they’ve shown so far it’s pretty damn impressive.

#30 1 year ago
  31. CaptPierce

So, Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are the same exact thing? Anyone with half a brain cell could’ve figured out The Phantom Pain was MGS5 to begin with, so it wasn’t really as ingenious as Kojima thought it was. Really the only confusing part of this would be why in the hell did he go through all this bullshit just to announce one game.

Great trailer though.

#31 1 year ago
  32. lexph3re

Fictional story is convoluted for being fictional? What?

@29 Actually, they can make a cybernetic eye but in Revengance they explain that the patch itself is enhanced vision. It was a neat explaination but I don’t think Raiden needs that image

#32 1 year ago
  33. Dragon246

@Gwyn,
    It maybe because of that fake trailer. I really wasted 2 hours of my sleep (2-4am) for that, and IT TURNS OUT FAKE!
    Its night now, so maybe that’s why I am not feeling it. That aside, day one or near about for me definitely.
    Maybe one more reason is the non-exclusivity. And Hayter not being there. All I understood from that trailer is that Mother Base is destroyed and Chico is held captive, Amanda is MIA or held hostage or worse, tortured/raped/killed (guessing from Kojima saying something about taboos in games). Maybe I need more info to get in the hype train. The hospital scene feels drab. I cant admire the graphics right now as the hospital scene just doesn’t have enough colours to make an interesting scene. And besides that I have only watched it in SD, waiting for the HD version.

Sorry guys for being a downer.

@Dave,
    If you are here, I am very sorry about that fake trailer. I only posted that thinking it is the real deal.

#33 1 year ago
  34. Phoenixblight

It just boils down to excuses to give a reason for another game that’s all it is. For a person who loves to tell stories he is losing his talent. Metal Gear 2 was the start of it and then he had to patch all those plot holes in Metal gear 4 only to create new ones in Metal gear 5 which he will then create another Metal gear to patch those holes. Like I said its a bad anime. Kojima is just John Carmack of the East. He just wants to create tech demos with feature length cutscenes.

I was hoping that Kojima would start anew maybe do a face lift for the series but nope he is just going to go all out with his crazy anime fantasies.

#34 1 year ago
  35. GwynbleiddiuM

@Dragon, yeah but Kojima never goes too far in trailers in terms of revealing story. Little by little and all in good time, so I expect a lengthy one at E3. All in all the fact that David Hayter ain’t there is really saddening to me. :(

#35 1 year ago
  36. Darth-Bader

“Call me Ishmael”, Moby Dick studios and a giant flaming whale? I wonder what’s up with all the Moby Dick references/whale imagery.

#36 1 year ago
  37. Red Demon

So quick question is this suppose to be a squeal of MGS4 or before 4?

#37 1 year ago
  38. salarta

@32: Huh, I could’ve sworn that in the game the characters said there was nothing they could do for Raiden’s eye, prompting Raiden to say that he actually likes having that eyepiece better due to all the functions it has. Maybe something was said in the CODEC convos; I rushed through most of them because I found myself not caring at all what they talked about.

@37: As said before, FOX + eyepatch = Big Boss = before Solid Snake

#38 1 year ago
  39. Asbrand

If I’m correct, MGS4 Big Boss was patched from remains of Solidus Snake.

”Using the body parts of Liquid and Solidus Snake, EVA had Big Boss’s body rebuilt, eventually restoring him to his former appearance, though he remained in comatose state due to the Patriots’ nanomachines within him.”

#39 1 year ago
  40. theevilaires

^ WTF are you talking about dude? I don’t remember that. I do remember something about Solidus being a perfect clone and not Liquid or Snake. I forgot what she said in 4 to be honest. 2008 was years ago.

#40 1 year ago
  41. Clupula

Raiden CAN get a cybernetic eye. In fact, both of Raiden’s eyes ARE cybernetic. The man is pretty much just a brain and spine from MGS4 forward. In the CODEC conversations, they say that they just didn’t have time to give him one by the time the first missions in Rising begin. And that his eyepatch works as enhanced vision anyway.

Also, Big Boss’ body was reconstructed from parts from Solidus, yes. That’s why Solidus looks like a corpse in MGS4, despite him only getting impaled in MGS2.

#41 1 year ago
  42. Clupula

I’m sad about a lack of Hayter, but at the same time, I guess there is an explanation behind the change in voice.

#42 1 year ago
  43. theevilaires

Yes you’re right Clupula now I remember. Sorry MGS4 was confusing as hell to me. I was trying to wrap my head around all that nano machine shit and Drebin to pay close attention to that detail. Anyway Hayter is a big change. I kinda hope the game bombs and they have to redo it with Hayter’s voice for sales to exceed their expectations. MGS3 was the best but sold the less. I hope this sells even less because of Hayter not being included.

#43 1 year ago
  44. Clupula

It makes sense, though. Big Boss is getting older. You don’t think if he still had the same voice as Snake by the time MG1 rolls around that Snake wouldn’t get suspicious of that? And people’s voices do change as they get older, especially if they’re smokers like Big Boss. And he has been in a coma for 9 years, so it wouldn’t surprise me if his vocals chords atrophied or something.

As I said, I’m really sad about David Hayter not being in this, but it doesn’t mean that he won’t be in future titles if they ever show the early adventures of Solid Snake.

#44 1 year ago
  45. vOL

Dammit! All my time and effort building MSF base basically went poof just like that? Damn you XOF and Zero! Kaz! Your partly blamed for this! Grrrr…

#45 1 year ago
  46. Asbrand

”And it’s really obvious that this takes place before MG1 and after Peace Walker. It’s been established Metal Gear lore for years anyway, that the Les Enfants Terrible (I don’t speak French so if I spelled that improperly, whatever) project was done when Big Boss was in a coma. This is that part of the story.”

Yes and no. MGS5 takes place after PeaceWalker, but this is not time when Solid and Liquid are born. That was two years before Peacewalker, in 1972. With this new info look’s like Big Boss was two times in coma.

#46 1 year ago
  47. Dimaco

Anyone else noticing some kind of resemblance in the nurse? Big mama? Or is it just me going paranoid about this? Can’t wait!

#47 1 year ago
  48. Lengendaryboss

@47 I don’t see the resemblance, but she does look like someone i have seen on TV.

#48 1 year ago