FF10/10-2 HD Remaster 70% complete

Wednesday, 27th March 2013 02:30 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Development of Final Fantasy 10/10-2 HD is 70% complete, according to a Famitsu report via Gematsu. The magazine said the pre-rendered cutscenes have been updated to HD, and character models and enemies have had texture upgrades. The Vita version, which will release as two separate release due to the limitations of the portable’s game card, is said to be much more beautiful than the PS3 release, thanks to the OLED screen. We’re expecting both in 2013.

1. DuckNation

So vita = less content but better graphics then the ps3 or what

#1 1 year ago
  2. Rocketbilly

I don’t know what less content it would have… its just being put out as two separate games instead of a compilation.

I am really pleasantly surprised that they ware actually redoing the prerendered cutscenes. That is a step above all the HD remasters I have played.

#2 1 year ago
  3. DuckNation

so they are releasing the vita one as a PT.1 and PT.2 at a later date

well that seems rather stupid

#3 1 year ago
  4. Kaufer

Less content and PT.2 at a later date? Where are you getting this information from?

#4 1 year ago
  5. DuckNation

@4 “The Vita version, which will release as two separate release due to the limitations of the portable’s game card”

im asking if the game will have less content with it being on two disk also PT2 being “two separate releases”

#5 1 year ago
  6. FerretPersona

@DuckNation
    Final Fantasy X will be released on Vita with [as far as we know] the exact same content as the PS3 version. Final Fantasy X-2 will be released separately for Vita with the same content as it’s PS3 counterpart. It seems both games will be released on Vita at the same time. So no, there should be no waiting, unless they decide to hold one back.

There should be no difference in content whatsoever [apart from the OLED screen on the Vita apparently producing nicer colours] but I guess that’s been neither confirmed nor denied. So far the only confirmed difference is that they will be released individually for Vita and as a bundle for PS3.

Anywho, I’m actually really looking forward to these. X-2 had a killer combat system and was probably one of the most fun JRPGs I’ve ever played. I just hope they don’t skimp on the updated graphics and go all out as they seem to have on FFX. But I guess we’ll see when the screens start appearing.

#6 1 year ago
  7. DuckNation

@FerretPersona

Ah ok thanks for clearing it up for me

I can’t wait for this

#7 1 year ago
  8. Dragon246

Really excited for this, hopefully vita versions arent priced 25$ each. Glad to see vita version being better, hopefully it will have better sales than ps3 version in Japan.

#8 1 year ago
  9. fihar

As silly and playful as it was, X-2 does have a great combat system, then again I am a sucker for mid-battle job change.
    Definitely more excited for this than the KH HD remix.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Clupula

@8 – That’s stupid. Why would you want one version to sell more than another? Are you trying to deprive console-only players of getting games? Or are you just saying that because you want to prove me wrong?

#10 1 year ago
  11. theevilaires

Seriously only 70% done? Come on hurry the hell up guys. I’m getting this for Vita by the way.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Lengendaryboss

@11 Good things come to those that wait. Both Games or just one?

#12 1 year ago