Skullgirls crowdfunding hits $600,000, third DLC character unlocked

Tuesday, 26th March 2013 02:19 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Lab Zero’s Indiegogo campaign has now amassed $600,000 in pledges, meaning the developer will add three DLC characters to Skullgirls. The first two were decided ahead of time, but you can vote on which of over 30 options will be the third. There are just a few days left to contribute to the campaign, which effectively saved the fighter.

Thanks, Siliconera.

1. ojinnvoltz

VOTE STANLEY!!!!!!!

#1 1 year ago
  2. Clupula

Nah, Stanley is probably the most boring out of the potential new characters, besides Umbrella.

I’m leaning towards either Venus, Eliza, or Panzerfaust.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Mineral4r7s

How can we contributers vote? I ahve not yet received an email.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Clupula

I get the feeling there’s no voting until the drive is done. I mean, even though it probably won’t happen, it’s always POSSIBLE they’ll get enough funding for a fourth character in the next couple days. I think the voting will probably be done on or after the 27th.

#4 1 year ago
  5. The Dude

Brilliant! It’s passed the $625,000 now as well, meaning the new character will get a story and stage!

Clupula, I’m also looking at Venus and Eliza. I’ll probably vote Eliza though.

#5 1 year ago
  6. SplatteredHouse

They would be amongst my picks too! For a third, I’m torn between Molly, and Juju lol

#6 1 year ago
  7. Clupula

I believe, in the first round of voting, we get to vote for three characters. And it’s not until the final vote that we only have to pick one.

#7 1 year ago
  8. SplatteredHouse

Yeah, that’s probably right. For instance, it may be that one of somebody’s previously decided selections gets eliminated, essentially granting them a free vote on the remainder (until the final round.) It should be an interesting process once they get started. I think they intend the first round voting to be open for a week. Oh, Ileum, will you make the list…

#8 1 year ago
  9. The Dude

Ha! Samson looks pretty cool with the whole..GirlSkull(?) thing going on… maybe he’ll be my number 3.

I look forward to when the voting process begins!

#9 1 year ago