Mass Effect movie “going to be really special”, says Hudson

Monday, 25th March 2013 00:55 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Just a little blip out of BioWare’s PAX East panel: Mass Effect series executive producer Casey Hudson made a brief mention of the upcoming Legendary Pictures film adaptation.

“That hopefully should be seen as a good thing, because what we’re looking at are, I think, the right things to make sure it’s gong to be a great movie,” Hudson said, as reported by Kotaku.

“It’s not just going to be a movie; it’s going to be really special,” he said.

The adaptation will focus on the male version of Shepard and be written by a fan.

It’s the first mention of the project since October last year. An anime spin-off, Paragon Lost, has released in the interim.

1. osric90

Please, Reapers, don’t let them screw this unpolluted series. Anyway, if Legendary is in, it can’t be bad at all. It would be great to have someone like Zack Snyder directing it.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Fin

I hope JASON STATHAM plays Shepard!

#2 1 year ago
  3. Dave Cook

@2 What’s with these bladdy reaper innit?

#3 1 year ago
  4. Gheritt White

@2: Anybody so long as it isn’t Tom Cruise.

#4 1 year ago
  5. viralshag

What about Dominic Purcell? He might be a little too meat headed for it – and I mean in that his head looks rather muscular…

Yvonne Strahovski is obviously Miranda.
    Doug Jones as Mordin.
    Lance Henriksen obvious Hackett.
    Karl Urban as Kaidan?
    Jennifer Lawrence as Liara?

#5 1 year ago
  6. Edo

@5 Actually I wouldn’t mind Karl Urban,but as Shepard though.

#6 1 year ago
  7. zinc

If it was based on the game I’d vote heavily for Justin Bieber to play Jenkins :-)

#7 1 year ago
  8. viralshag

@6, As much as I like Karl Urban, I’m not sure I could see him as Shep. I think he is usually great as a supporting actor but can be a bit… iffy, as the lead. Although he was good in Dredd, but then again he didn’t really need to say much.

What about Eric Bana getting thrown into the mix? For some reason I think he would fit somewhere in this.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Joe_Gamer

Rico Rodriguez will be chosen to play the god-child!

There will be kershplody bits, some nudy bits, a terribly plot full of holes and a cliffhanger ending that may or may not be spliced from an entirely different movie. Calling it now.

#9 1 year ago
  10. jimbodabeast

Matthew fox from Lost should play Shepard. He looks just like him , plus he’s a great actor.

#10 11 months ago
  11. TSoniLawson

@ #5

I absolutely adore the cast already! (except minus shepard) but I chose Ashley on my second play through :/ so who should play ashley? yvonne is so hot! (as Lawson cuz I love her too) but Liara and Jennifer?? yum yum :) I love Liara and I definitely love Jennifer too :) and garrus too! you can’t leave my garrus out! Tali is whoever since we won’t be seeing her face haha. OMG This would be the best movie if they do indeed have those casts! good choice!

#11 9 months ago
  12. bradk825

I generally get very excited when favourite stories from other media become a movie, then generally get disappointed… I will watch the movie though and hope for the best.

My favourite novel, Odd Thomas is now filmed, but stuck in limbo over a law suit and I may never see it, that’s really upsetting. Especially because the law suit is not involving Dean Koontz, it’s just between the studio and a ^%^%ing marketing firm. It’s unrelated to the topic at hand, but I saw an opportunity to share my pain and took it.

#12 9 months ago