Infinite Crisis: DC Comics & Turbine reveal new MOBA game, trailer inside

Monday, 25th March 2013 13:47 GMT By Dave Cook

Infinite Crisis is the new MOBA game from DC Comics and developer Turbine. It’s a free-to-play game launching on PC later this year. It features not one but three different Batmans. Batmen?

The Lord of the Rings Online developer is adapting the DC “Infinite Crisis” arc of comic books, which includes all of the publisher’s most popular characters, including alternate versions of each hero from different realities.

The clip shows Green Lantern, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, The Joker and more. See how many you can spot above.

1. salarta

If the original Harley Quinn returns then I’ll actually consider it, otherwise it’ll stay untouched same as everything else DC since they changed Harley with the New 52 reboot.

#1 1 year ago
  2. The_Red

While I’m not fully against New 52, I’d definitely agree about Harley’s look. Seriously, WTF!? I loved the Dini character and look but what they have now in comics (As well as Batman Arkham games and Injustice) isn’t the same.

#2 1 year ago
  3. salarta

@2: I mostly overlooked Arkham Asylum changing Harley’s look purely because it was a spinoff video game. Now that DC’s trying to force their redesign of her on everything, even to the point where Arkham City’s DLC of her had her costume changed to match the New 52 one, I’ve boycotted everything DC Comics. That includes Dark Knight Rises, and the coming Man of Steel film.

She doesn’t carry her theme that makes her fitting the use of the title Harley Quinn anymore. I think they figure they can get away with it, and do get away with it, because people care more about Harley looking skanky than fitting her theme. But, that’s kind of molehills to mountains at this point; people these days have shown they don’t have respect for already existing characters and franchises anymore, they only want what fits their personal fantasies.

#3 1 year ago
  4. SplatteredHouse

@3 MOBAs are ripe for costume reskins. This one especially I imagine, given we are shown three different takes on Batman and Gotham, even in its short runtime. I think it likely that Harley as a jester would be a strong candidate to make such an appearance.

Salarta, are you sure you don’t have things the wrong way around? I found the following on Harley Quinn’s character page on Comicvine:

The only justification to the change from Bruce Timm’s classic design given has been that “People liked her look in Arkham Asylum”. No real further comment was provided.

#4 1 year ago
  5. The_Red

I think boycotting TDKR and MOS films is a bit too much. Agreed with the points about the changes in her theme and DC’s overall lack of respect for her but then again, they have ruined a A LOT of their female characters over the years / New 52.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Gheritt White

Looks interesting, will give it a punt if it’s F2P.

@3: Yawn.

#6 1 year ago
  7. salarta

@4: I meant to mention that and forgot to do so, but what you bolded and quoted are pretty much one in the same. People liked her Arkham Asylum look, but they liked it for being overly sexualized. This in turn led DC to change her costume everywhere else solely because Arkham Asylum got so much buzz toward Harley with the new costume.

@5: To be fair, if I was absolutely dying to see The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel, maybe my decision would change. But as it is, getting into DC properties may provide some enjoyment on some levels, but overall I can take it or leave it. Same reason I haven’t played anything Squeenix since 2011 due to 3rd Birthday. For every company and IP I disavow, there are hundreds more that either remain great or come out of the woodworks. For every inappropriate reboot, there’s games like Saints Row 3, Mortal Kombat 9, The Last Story, Portal, Alan Wake and more.

#7 1 year ago
  8. RocknRolla

I would never pay for this.. looks like crap.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Jerykk

You boycott an entire company’s catalogue because of one game..? Square has released a lot of good games since 2011. Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Hitman: Absolution, Sleeping Dogs, Quantum Conundrum and Tomb Raider come to mind. All different games from different developers.

#9 1 year ago