Dragon’s Crown releasing in North America this summer

Monday, 25th March 2013 15:28 GMT By Dave Cook

Dragon’s Crown, the scrolling fantasy beat-em-up from Vanillaware and Atlus is coming to PS3 and PS Vita across North America this summer.

A press release issued today confirmed the release window, and priced the game up at $49.99 on PS3 and $39.99 on PS Vita. It is now available to pre-order at all major retailers.

Meanwhile you can check out the latest Dragon’s Crown trailer and hard-hitting screens here.

Thanks AGB.

1. Dragon246

Give a Europe Date damnit.

2. Greek God

cant wait for this 0_0
    i hope EU Date isnt too far away..

3. Lengendaryboss

Atlus? Damnit there games take long to get to Europe Persona 4 Golden/Persona Arena which we are still waiting for.

4. Dave Cook

@3 I’m hoping Rising Star or Zen make quick work of getting it over here. I honestly can’t wait. I adore scrolling beat-em-ups.

5. lexph3re

Going to go crazy in this!

6. zinc

The asking price seems a bit high if you ask me.

7. OlderGamer

I agree with Zinc. Should be half of that.

I will prolly get the rerelease of DD and wait for a price drop on this.

8. YoungZer0

Muramasa Rebirth! That’s the game I confused it with! Muramasa Rebirth only comes out for the Vita. It all makes sense now!

9. monkeygourmet

I still wish this was on 3 ‘plains’ like Guardian Heroes…

I find the combat system much deeper and more satisfying when you effectively have a 2D plain with scrolling up / down disabled.

I know you can say that’s a different genre, but I find the jump to HD has actually damaged scrolling beat em ups. The artwork looks amazing but it has become much harder to line up attacks, Castle Crashers being a prime example that springs to mind, and it ends up looking like cardboard cut outs.

I hope this manages to get the balance right, 16 bit sprites were far easier to smash around! :)

10. lexph3re

I don’t know, 50 for the ps3 and vita title seems fair. 40 for ps3 or vita seems like a reasonable release as well.

I’m going to get it since it was one of the reasons I wanted a Vita in the first place.

11. OlderGamer

You are prolly right Lex, but I am a cheap bastard. More so as I get older.

12. polygem

yea yea yea. this game is perfect for a handheld. will get vita version. pricing for ps3 version is a bit off imho. i don´t get why the ps3 versions are more expensive. isn´t it the same game? should be the same price.

13. jevonski

so glad the ps vita isn’t region locked like the 3DS.

14. Clupula

Since it got brought up, I might as well say that I’m really annoyed that Muramasa is only on Vita.