inFamous: Second Son a PS4 launch title according to Sucker Punch resume

Saturday, 23rd March 2013 15:44 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

inFamous: Second Son will release during PS4′s Q4 2013 launch, according to a resume belonging to a rendering programmer at Sucker Punch. The information has been removed since coming to light, but Siliconera nabbed a screen grab before removal. Motion Capture work on Second Son was handled by Digital Domain, which is noted for its in-game cinematics and teaser trailers for Gears of War and The Darkness 2. A rep for the firm told PlayStation Lifestyle that no one on the dev team would have such information, which is probably why it was removed from the resume. At any rate, it will be coming to the system at some point. Get more through the link. Second Son was announced during the PS4 reveal last month.

1. Lengendaryboss

You might want to update it:
    “Update: Sucker Punch responded claiming that “no one on the dev team would have this information,” so it looks like this date may just be a guess.”

#1 1 year ago
  2. redwood

omg digital domain? sony really invested a ton in SP this time around, good for ‘em.
    looking forward to more stuff at E3

#2 1 year ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

Anyway Launch title/launch window i will buying Infamous Second Son alongside Killzone Shadow Fall and then build up my collection from there.

#3 1 year ago
  4. redwood

something tells me that naughty dog wont be there at launch but will come in with a title post launch , maybe EOY 2014 to keep stuff rolling.. having.. and obviously GT will def not be on launch.. cause they just sloooow :D

#4 1 year ago
  5. Djoenz

Will PS4 games finally be 1080p by default?

#5 1 year ago
  6. JRNO

I’m hoping they take however much time may need to make sure it’s great.
    I really liked both of the inFAMOUS games on PS3, and I can’t wait to see the new game in action.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Dragon246

@Djoenz,
    Yeah, that’s what their target is. ALL games shown at the conference were 1080p.
    But I doubt about 60fps. Probably because a game can look so much better when frames are halved, so its a good tradeoff imo.

@Redwood,
    I think its a given. Given recent console launches, I think everyone understands now that constant stream of quality games is a must. Knowing that all Sony 1st party devs are working on PS4 (I am almost sure bend isn’t as they themselves said in a gamasutra article that they were working on their next vita project), it will be easy.
    I would also disagree on Polyphony, they definitely aren’t slow. Contrary to popular belief, they have released new game EVERY 2 YEARS, with this gap being the longest. GT6 was all but confirmed by Michael Denny that it will a PS3 game.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Dragon246

On topic, I think its a given , really. All 1st party stuff shown in Feb must be on track for launch release, with E3 showing focused on launch window and beyond.

#8 1 year ago
  9. redwood

@dragon u are right and i don’t mind them being slow either really. the sort of attention-to-detail they give demands time. Also am sure in the next cycle they will be more active, it’s been 2+ years since gt5 and i remember reading somewhere that they real problem they faced with gt5 was the obvious culprit the cell processor. so am expecting them to release one game in 2014..

#9 1 year ago
  10. redwood

sorry about not adding too many “,” it must feel like am out of breath or something :D

#10 1 year ago
  11. TD_Monstrous69

The moment I saw the trailer for this, I apologized to my wallet. I don’t care if it’s a launch title or not, all I know is once it’s out, I’m buying it (also, per-ordering it ahead of time).

#11 1 year ago
  12. Phoenixblight

Same here. Both Infamous games have been really good. I know I would be willing to buy a PS4 just for that game and media Molecule’s game.

#12 1 year ago
  13. No_PUDding

The resume says the game is coming out in 4Q 2013….

That’s a three month window I imagine someone working on the core tech has a clue about. At least as an aimed release window.

SuckerPunch update is cute. Rumour control.

#13 1 year ago
  14. polygem

i´ve putted 500 euro aside already for the ps4 launch. i hope it´ll be enough for the system plus 2 launch games. really hope for a 400 euro price tag. i´ll wait for ms´s announcement but i will probably only buy one of those machines at launch, this gen i might even stick with one console. so far, sony seem to have learned from their mistakes. loving the look of the new controller too, cannot wait to try it.

#14 1 year ago
  15. alib1250

wlecome: alib88.com

#15 1 year ago
  16. Lengendaryboss

Looks like a spambot has flooded articles with his crap.

#16 1 year ago