Multiplay’s Insomnia48 – watch live here this weekend

Friday, 22nd March 2013 11:49 GMT By Dave Cook

Multiplay’s eSports festival Insomnia48 begins today and runs through to Sunday, March 25. Watch the opening ceremony live on VG247 at noon and come back for all the major finals over the weekend.

We’ll have plenty of coverage from Insomnia48 across the weekend, where there will be plenty of fierce eSports competition, including the £10,000 prize pot StarCraft 2 ESET UK Masters finals, which promises to be a tense battle of wits.

You can watch the ESET UK Masters live via Twitch.

There’s also the Razer League of Legends Cup, the Mad Catz Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Cup Finals, Aquatuning’s Team Fortress 2 Cup and the finals of Multiplay’s own Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 tourney.

So, lots of guns, steeled nerves and aggression. It promises to be a wild smackdown and you can watch many of the events live, right here on VG247 this weekend.

Here’s the streaming schedule. You’ll be able to watch the following on VG247. All times are UK:

Friday:

• 12.00: Opening ceremony.

Saturday:

Sunday:

• 10.00: Shootmania
  • 12.30: ESET UK Masters Rp 16 #2
  • 15.00: MadCatz CS:GO Cup Final
  • 17.30: Razer League of Legends Cup
  • 20.30: ESET UK Masters SCII Final
  • 22.30: Multiplay Xbox Black Ops II Final

If you want to check out the full Insomnia48 event timetable, simply head over to the festival’s official site here.

1. silkvg247

So who’s attending it? Come say hello to Aunty Silk – H2-B9

#1 1 year ago
  2. Patrick Garratt

Sam was supposed to be there, but he’s just taken off for San Fran and GDC. None of us are there, which sucks. Definitely will be next time.

#2 1 year ago
  3. silkvg247

They’ve set up quarter of the event hall as an awesome retro gaming area.. have been getting lotsa pics :)

#3 1 year ago
  4. Patrick Garratt

Mail them to Dave, man. We’ll stick ‘em up as a story. dave@vg247.com.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Dave Cook

Yep, please do :)

#5 1 year ago
  6. DiodeX

Is it still like the old days were non Pro’s go and veg out playing games for the whole weekend?, I attended i4-7 back in the day! CS1.6 for 3 straight days, brilliant times.
    Red Bull and Pizza rubbish everywhere.

#6 1 year ago
  7. silkvg247

I’ll copy them later cos laptop with an SD card reader is at hotel :)

#7 1 year ago
  8. silkvg247

@6 You get people coming for tournies/prizes but majority of people do what you describe, including us. Veg out and game for four days straight.. :D

I’m actually sat straight opposite the stone willies pizza order stand lol :D

#8 1 year ago
  9. DiodeX

sounds great, shame it won’t wash with my wife anymore!
    “you’re 41 you know” :D