Final Fantasy 10/10-2 HD Remaster bundle coming to PS3, both games hitting Vita

Friday, 22nd March 2013 14:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

It’s official: Final Fantasy 10 and Final Fantasy 10-2 will be released on PS3 and Vita.

Famitsu pretty much confirmed this earlier in the week, but the PS Blog has made it even more “a thing”.

The games will be bundled together on one disc, called Final Fantasy 10/10-2 HD Remaster – but with Roman numerals.

Both will be made available separately for Vita and both SKUs are based on the International version, which is the “most complete, feature-heavy iteration of each game to release.”

The International version comes with an Expert Version of the Sphere Grid in which all the characters start in the middle and you can choose any path with nodes and a decrease in the number of upgrades available. It also comes with new abilities, new superbosses such as Dark Aeons and Penance.

The full list of enhancements and extra features will be revealed at a later date.

A release date was not provided, just a note saying it was “coming this year.”

1. Rocketbilly

I am guessing a $40 price point, with $20 each for the vita versions. But then again, Square tends to think their games warrant a premium, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see $60 and $30 respectively.

Either way, it’ll eventually go down in price and be well worth the pick up to get the International versions. I hope it does well enough to encourage them to bring us HD Dragon Quest 8 and the Zodiac version of FFXII as well.

2. NeoSquall

Roman numerals, in my Final Fantasy?

IMPOSSIBRU!

3. Djoenz

I have said this before on other forums: it better be 30-40 bucks like ICO collection or I will have to wait longer.

4. Gnosis

Is it just me or do the faces look kinda flat and plain now? In case they’re planning to bring XII Zodiac, I sure hope they won’t “remaster” it in the same way they did with X. The screens really scared me off.

5. Dragon246

@1,
    40$ combined would be great! However I think they would release it on ps3 for 50$ and 25$ each on vita. Not bad they improvements are significant.

6. ClubCyberia

Wish this was for PS4 too. I also wish I lived in a parallel universe where the PS4 was backwards compatible :/

7. Clupula

Amazon has it listed for $40.

As for XII, I’m actually surprised so many people want that turd of a game in HD.

8. Gnosis

@7: Oh no! Ppl have different preferences? Shit, what will they come up with next?

9. Djoenz

FFXII in HD would be awesome. :D

10. CycloneFox

@7: XII was not the best JRPG. It was just okay with nice graphics. But I would by far prefer it to be in a collection with X, as I disliked X-2 alot. Still I wouldn’t buy a HD remaster with XII alone. But anyway, I will buy X HD for Vita and PS3 of course.

11. Rosseu

I’d prefer XII over XIII or X any day. I really love how the game plays.

12. Sylrissa

That’s the thing about having our own tastes and opinions. I really enjoyed X and X-2, and thought XII was easily as bad as XIII, possibly even worse.