1. ActionGameKing

I approve!

#1 1 year ago
  2. Erthazus

They completely changed the game. It’s not the same Diablo at all.

The camera is different (Some of the boss fights have different camera angle like the second one). You don’t need to AIM at all. Some skills were changed more or less.
    Casual Diablo for a controller.

#2 1 year ago
  3. zinc

I’ve never saw the appeal. It’s just Dynasty Warriors for emo’s.

:-P

#3 1 year ago
  4. theevilaires

So much better with a Dual Shock than a mouse and keyboard. Can’t wait.

#4 1 year ago
  5. The_Red

… And Diablo 3 on PC was SO hardcore. Right?

#5 1 year ago
  6. lexph3re

Looks playable to me

#6 1 year ago
  7. Erthazus

@5, Diablo 3 on PC required AIM. Some of the skills required AIM. In Inferno it was critical to use “Proper kiting technique” that you can’t execute with a controller so they changed the camera here completely.

I want to see Inferno difficulty on the PS3. That is going to be fun.

#7 1 year ago
  8. monkeygourmet

@Erth

I thought you hated Diablo 3 anyway? :)

#8 1 year ago
  9. monkeygourmet

This should seriously have Vita / PS3 cross play, would be a perfect fit.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Erthazus

@8, Well yeah. Some of the design choices are bad in the game.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Tavarish

@8 It’s hard to deny that AH / RMAH boned PC version of D3 very hard. Even Blizzard has come out and said that they really don’t like what AH / RMAH has done to the game. That is largest gripe in D3 for most.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Dragon246

This game was so much better on PC. I mean, it had ALWAYS-ON DRM! How cool was that?
    This version is for console peasants wanting to play this PC HARDCORE game on their puny controllers and have added offline play, as they cant pay for always-on connections. Silly cheap console gamerz.

#12 1 year ago
  13. strikkebil

butthurt pc gamers everywhere……

#13 1 year ago
  14. OlderGamer

I am in, this looks great to me.

Maybe they will tweak the difficulty, the game pissed me off so much playing on harder modes. Was rather crazy, unless you bought rmah stuff. I hope they fix that crap and I will be happy.

#14 1 year ago
  15. ManuOtaku

I will be getting this game, especially because it droped the always connected online to play single player, they do have my gratitude for that, and i will show it buying the game, for ps4 that is.

#15 1 year ago
  16. Gnosis

Hm, na. Since I won’t be able to play my old chars, there’s no reason for me to get this. Got way too much progress on the pc version to start it all over again. Too bad, was actually looking forward to it.

#16 1 year ago
  17. _LarZen_

It looks great and these type of games are so much better to play with a controller. Anyone remember the baldur’s gate dark alliance games on PS2/Xbox?

It was a blast to play, so even tho I have stopped playing D3 on PC I just might pick it up again for the PS3 or the PS4.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Richenbaum

Why not just buy a 360 controller for Windows then?

#18 1 year ago
  19. _LarZen_

@18 Because the game is not build with a controller in mind? It don’t support it at all I think…

#19 1 year ago
  20. PC_PlayBoy

Diablo for the casuals basically.

Also, playing this type of game with a controller is just fucking wrong. Console gamers are a bunch of backward cunts!

#20 1 year ago
  21. taylorlauder

I never thought it would actually look this good? Going to buy this for my Blizzard collection.

#21 1 year ago
  22. CPC_RedDawn

@19 You have never heard of Xpadder ;)

#22 1 year ago
  23. Erthazus

@Larzen, first of all you are and idiot, second, Diablo III supports gamepad and third games like Diablo are the worst type of games for a controller that requires AIMing. In fact skills in Diablo III require Aiming and that’s why console version is completely different mechanics wise (different camera, skills are cmpletely changed) and by the looks of it, it’s now a CasualDiablo III. Fact.

#23 1 year ago
  24. Gheritt White

@23: First of all, you’re an idiot. Second of all, you’re a cunt. Thirdly, just fuck off.

No seriously, just: Fuck. Off.

#24 1 year ago
  25. Virginityrocks

I see what Erthazus is saying, and OBVIOUSLY gameplay mechanics will ALWAYS be limited when comparing a mouse to a joystick. This is not even a debate.

I also see how with proper gameplay tweaking, Diablo 3 can be a pretty OKAY game to play with the PS3 or 360. Not the same, but not dissimilar enough to be called ‘different’ in nearly the same capacity as you can call other types of games ‘different’ when porting between console and PC. This isn’t WarCraft II for PS1 we’re talking about.

#25 1 year ago
  26. _LarZen_

@23 Why act like a dick about it? It’s a damn game…why so hostile and angry?

#26 1 year ago
  27. noamlol2

blizzard can go suck a fatone

this game was so dumbed down after each update and the nazi DRM

i wonder if their real money based marketplace will be on PS4 aswell

#27 1 year ago
  28. stretch215

Requires aiming? Lol, you mean pointing and clicking, earths-ass-crust? You pc zealot you. You man’s man. If it’s not 6780×2560 @ 125fps on 3 monitors it’s garbage. Fact. You are the dudebro of pc gaming.

#28 1 year ago
  29. polygem

wow. looks ace. i think it will be fun to play this with a controller. will probably pick it up as soon as i can. some relaxing after work beast slaying and loot hunting…i´m in.

#29 1 year ago
  30. Fin

Just like to point out that Erthazus hates Diablo III.

Still played it for 600 hours.

The video looks great! Hope they bring it to 360.

#30 1 year ago
  31. Gekidami

It doesnt even matter how it looks and plays; it has offline mode, its therefore vastly superior to the PC version.

#31 1 year ago
  32. YoungZer0

@31: Yep, this might actually be my #1 reason to buy it. Also, I prefer controllers to mouse when it comes to games like this. Just feels like I’m actually doing something.

#32 1 year ago
  33. freedoms_stain

Why on earth would offline play for a console that sits in your house its entire life permanently connected to the internet be any sort of a plus?

Offline play would only have had any sort of benefit during the original launch week of Diablo 3 or for people who intend to travel with the game and thus have no access to the internet.

#33 1 year ago
  34. YoungZer0

I like playing singleplayer more than multiplayer.

#34 1 year ago
  35. The_Red

Maybe some gamers don’t want to lose their SINGLEPLAYER games when publishers eventually take down online servers? If Demon’s Souls had used this method, people wouldn’t be able to enjoy it today because its servers are offline.

#35 1 year ago
  36. DSB

@35 Diablo 2 is still online, recieved the latest patch in 2010 I believe.

Not everyone is EA, you know.

#36 1 year ago
  37. YoungZer0

@36: If Blizzard would release a game every 2-3 years instead of every 10-15 years, you can bet they wouldn’t support their games for so long.

#37 1 year ago
  38. zinc

I wonder if it will have the Auction House *feature*? Or will Weapon packs be sold piecemeal in DLC bundles?

#38 1 year ago
  39. DSB

@37 Huh? Diablo 2 came two years after Starcraft, and Warcraft 3 came two years after Diablo 2.

#39 1 year ago
  40. DrDamn

@The_Red
    Valid point but DS servers are still online. They were going to shut them down but back pedalled and recently released the game on PSN so they should be up for a while.

#40 1 year ago
  41. freedoms_stain

@35, You don’t know what’s going to happen if Blizzard ever choose to end support for D3 PC. I imagine the PS3 and 360 online services will probably go offline before Blizzard end support for D3 tbh.

#41 1 year ago