Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has received a new update today, and all traces of the rumoured season pass we reported on yesterday have now disappeared from the patch notes. The update also tweaks Hostage Mode.
We reported yesterday that the patch notes went out before they were supposed to, and included this little nugget, “Community Support Pass Season One: Grants access to Season One’s featured community maps on Official Servers. Proceeds are divided among the featured map creators.”
Now the patch notes have gone out for real and all mention of the rumoured pass has been obliterated, except for this:
Those cheeky sods.
Here they are:
- Added new Hostage Rescue map cs_militia
- Update Hostage Rescue Mode rules
- Hostage positions are randomly assigned at the beginning of the match. The hostages will start at these positions for the entire match.
- Hostages are now carried by CTs instead of following behind.
- Hold +use for 4 seconds to pick up a hostage. (Equipping a rescue kit will decrease the time required to 1 second.)
- CTs win a round when the first hostage is rescued.
- Reduced round timer. Round time is extended when the first hostage has been picked up.
- Rebalanced money rewards to accommodate new rules.
- Hostages now indicate whether they are above or below you on the radar.
- cs_office, cs_assault, and cs_italy have updated to use random hostage spawn points.
- Added convars to modify new hostage rules
- mp_hostages_max – Sets the maximum number of hostages to spawn.
- mp_hostages_rescuetime – Setting 0 removes the time extension when CTs pick up the first hostage.
- mp_hostages_spawn_farthest – Setting 1 forces hostage spawn points to choose be the farthest possible combinations.
- mp_hostages_spawn_force_positions – Setting a comma separate list (ex: 0,2 ) forces specific hostage spawn point combinations.
- mp_hostages_spawn_same_every_round – Setting 0 randomizes the hostage spawn points every round.
- mp_hostages_takedamage – Setting 0 allows hostages to be hurt.
- Added hostage entity properties for new hostage rules
- HostageSpawnRandomFactor – Allows to increase probability of hostage random spawning rules to use that spawn point.
- HostageSpawnExclusionGroupN – Hostages sharing same spawn exclusion group will never spawn together.
- The action of defusing a bomb will now terminate when you turn your view too far from facing the bomb.
- Players always play a quiet client-side jump sound that can only be heard by the jumper.
- Players play the regular jump (step) sound when moving greater than walk speed that can be heard by both the jumper and all clients in earshot.
- The timer that performs the random map selection visuals now properly gets killed when the scoreboard hides.
- Fixed convar mp_weapons_allow_map_place not properly eliminating map-placed weapons. NOTE: FY servers will need to set this convar to 1.
- Added an option to func_dustmotes entity volumes that lets them choose to not be affected by wind.
- Fixed in-game clipping for triple-monitor rendering configurations.
- Added overtime indicator to GOTV spectators miniscoreboard.
- Radar should now correctly follow spectated player when spectating via GOTV.
- Adjusted score and MVP rewards for gameplay events related to planting, defending and defusing the bomb, and for reaching, protecting and extracting hostages.
- Steam overlay game details will now correctly show players score.
- Fixed special characters of player name not correctly displaying in some UI elements.
- Fixed a bug where friends were banned from joining parties where one of the members failed to recently accept a competitive match.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.