Metro: Last Light possibly “the best looking game” ever, producer says

Thursday, 21st March 2013 22:43 GMT By Brenna Hillier

It’s Metro: Last Light producer Huw Beynon’s job to make bold claims about the 4A Games shooter – and to ensure it lives up to those claims – but these new screenshots certainly seem to back him up.

“I firmly believe that the PC version of Metro: Last Light is one of, if not the best looking game you can actually buy, period, at the moment,” Beynon told Eurogamer.

“We’re still proud of how we’ve managed to adapt that for the current generation of consoles,” he added.

The producer said the console version of Last Light look “fantastic”, but the PC just has a “different potential”.

“If someone asks me are we doing a next-gen version – well, yes we are. It’s the PC. We’re one of the few studios out there that have a proven piece of tech that’s built for high-end PCs.”

The screens below come courtesy of OPM UK but if they’re not taken from the PC version I’d be very much surprised.

Metro: Last Light will release on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in May, thanks to Deep Silver’s daring rescue of the post-apocalyptic shooter from THQ’s dignified collapse.

1. JRNO

Not unlikely. I’m just curious about how well that game will actually run. I don’t recall the first Metro being the best optimized game out there.

#1 1 year ago
  2. splashofartstudios

@1- I think that had to do with it being one of the first DX11 Titles available at the time….still learning new effects and what not. I bet this one will be alot more optimized!

#2 1 year ago
  3. Brenna Hillier

@1 @2 THQ described the first Metro as an unpolished gem; Last Light is supposed to deliver on its potential. So. Let’s hope so.

#3 1 year ago
  4. nollie4545

Already ordered this months ago. Deep Silver: take me, take my organs, take my money, my soul just let me play the game first!!

Even the original Metro is one of the best looking games on the market right now IMO, you just need a serious piece of hardware to run it.

Hoping last light will be optimised for the platform, but its going to give my 680 a headache I know that much.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Virginityrocks

Has this guy even heard of Half-Life 2? C’mon gais. Physics.

Wow Im old.

#5 1 year ago
  6. mkotechno

Graphic whores for the win!!!

#6 1 year ago
  7. Vice

Dunno about best looking game ever, but it looks damn fine. I still think they won’t beat Crysis-3, but hey, gl to them

#7 1 year ago
  8. sh4dow

Of course a producer would say that…
    A bunch of nonsense of course. Those graphics would’ve been impressive about two years ago.

#8 1 year ago
  9. noamlol2

i don’t give a single fuck about graphics

it’s the story and gameplay that makes a game a game!

metro 2033 was great i hope they won’t kill the formula in last light