Transistor from Supergiant Games gets a reveal trailer

Tuesday, 19th March 2013 16:12 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Transistor is the new title from Supergiant Games, and you can play an early build of it this week at PAX East. The reveal trailer and screens are below.

In the game, players will “wield an extraordinary weapon of unknown origin as they explore a stunning futuristic city.”

According to the official blurb on the game: “In Transistor, players assume the role of a young woman who gains control of a powerful weapon after a mysterious group of assailants nearly kills her with it. Now she must fight from street to street against forces that will stop at nothing to recover the weapon. During the course of the adventure, players will piece together the Transistor’s mysteries as they pursue its former owners.”

Transistor is to be released in early 2014 and platforms are yet to be announced.

1. Fin

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Looks great already!!

#1 1 year ago
  2. bitsnark

This looks the bees knees!

In other, related news, oh look! It has a female lead, I’m sure it’ll flop.

-_-

#2 1 year ago
  3. YoungZer0

Good trailer. Nice music choice and cut. I really dig the art-style. But I’m cautious. Bastion had also had a fantastic artstyle, but the gameplay was so freaking boring I stopped playing it after 1 hour or so.

#3 1 year ago
  4. The_Red

Knowing Bastion, this will probably be another great game. Looking so lovely doesn’t hurt either.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Old MacDonald

I didn’t really pay attention to the graphics, but man what a nice tune.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Len

@3 +1

Have to agree, looked and sounded lovely but after a while it was oh god here we go again and extremely boring. Hope this has more to it than a great aesthetic.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Mineral4r7s

@3+6

Did we play the same game? Bastion is amazing in every way I can possibly imagine oO. I don’t understand… But oh well.

Besides that I am really looking forward to it!

#7 1 year ago
  8. YoungZer0

Yeah, we are. The gameplay was missing depth, so every enemy encounter felt like a drag.

Also, is it just me, or does the heroine run around like a moron? O:

#8 1 year ago
  9. ojinnvoltz

I hope to hear more about it cuz right now it’s just re-skinned Bastion. If want to play Bastion again, I can do that with out waiting for 2014.

I played the same game as 3 and 6. It’s fairly shallow, but the game’s short length kept it from getting boring for me. If it was a longer game, I probably wouldn’t have liked it.

#9 1 year ago
  10. roadkill

@3 -1

#10 1 year ago
  11. YoungZer0

If it’s boring, it’s boring. No point in playing it further.

#11 1 year ago
  12. HauntaVirus

Yes please, I’ll take 2 and good day!

#12 1 year ago
  13. roadkill

@11 It’s not boring, it’s just that you’re a f**ked up person.

#13 1 year ago