Injustice: Gods Among Us will contain a playable Black Adam

Tuesday, 19th March 2013 19:12 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Black Adam will be a playable character in Injustice: Gods Among Us, according to the game’s official Twitter account.

The fella started life way back in 1945 as a villain in Fawcett Comics’ “Marvel Family”. He then started popping up as a supervillain after DC Comics started publishing Captain Marvel and Marvel Family stories under the title “Shazam!” back in the 70s. Remember those days?

Black Adam was an Egyptian predecessor of Captain Marvel before eventually morphing into a corrupted antihero hellbent on clearing his name.

So there you have it. Surely a trailer will be released for him, soon.

Game’s out on PS3, Wii U, and Xbox 360 in Europe and North America on April 19, and in Australia on April 17.

Thanks, Dregul.

1. theevilaires

You make it sound like you could never play as him in other games due to some legal reasoning. Anyway this game is shaping up to be “FAN”tastic so hurry the hell up April.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 Dunno where you get that tea, just giving his history is all for those not familiar with comics.

#2 1 year ago
  3. theevilaires

I guess I misinterpreted the headline. I read it as Black Adam has been in other games but just not playable. I don’t know of any other game he’s in besides DC Universe in the opening cinematic. I wasn’t trying to be negative or smart ass I just thought when I read the article it would have some info about legal reasons why he hasn’t been playable in any other DC game like MK vs DC for instance.

But you did teach me something new today about the back story of the character. I didn’t know he was Egyptian so that’s a cool fun fact :)

#3 1 year ago
  4. Gheritt White

TEA was (a) wrong about something; (b) admitted he didn’t know something and (c) apologized.

This calls for a wank.

#4 1 year ago
  5. The_Red

Things are looking good. Now that super popular / cliched fighters are in, we can enjoy more fun choices like this and Raven. Hopefully this isn’t the end. I’m still waiting for Black Canary and Blue Beetle.

#5 1 year ago
  6. viralshag

I actually thought the same as TEA to be honest. I think it would make more sense without the “playable” bit but that’s just me. :)

Really looking forward to the game though.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Clupula

I don’t see how you guys are getting that, unless the headline has been changed since it first went up.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Clupula

@5 – All signs point to the final two characters being Ares and Killer Frost.

#8 1 year ago
  9. sacco2011

The second paragraph is almost completely word for word from the Wikipedia page. Seems legit.

#9 1 year ago