Wildstar video gives you an extended look into Deradune

Saturday, 16th March 2013 19:06 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Wildstar has a new video available showing off the Deradune region with its lovely savannas, mountains and other pretty things. However, lurking in this lush area are monsters, unfriendly natives, an ancient exo-lab. Check out below, and if you missed the screenshots earlier this week, don’t worry: we have you covered. Wildstar is expected to launch later this year.

1. aleph31

The art style is really good, problem imho is that the story looks way too much generic.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Jerykk

Really wish this was an SP game instead of an MMO. The style and settings are great but completely wasted with generic gameplay.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Digital Bamboo

^Agree. I can forgive a generic story (though I think it may be a bit early to say on that front) but not gameplay. Yep, the art design & animation look slick, but a meatier SP game would be a lot cooler.

#3 1 year ago
  4. DSB

This is pretty much the only MMO I care to watch for at the moment.

#4 1 year ago
  5. KineticCalvaria

Oh… WoW…

#5 1 year ago
  6. TheWulf

The visual style in places has been lovely and the CGI scenes have been occasionally Pixaresque, but I’m just not feeling the story. The story seems like a truly generic plot of GOOD (in large, higher-case letters) outcasts and EVIL (in large, higher-case letters) governments ruling over all with a fascist fist. So The Empire and The Rebels, then?

I can’t shake this feeling that it’s Star Wars for kids. Very, very young kids. Exclusively for them. And I don’t even consider Ratchet & Clank to be such a thing. Somehow, they’ve made their races seem way goofier and one-dimensional than anything WoW has to offer. So this one just isn’t for me. The art style is lovely, but the rest of it seems overbearingly shallow.

What I’d love is an MMO that has the depth and charisma of the Mass Effect Universe. That’s something I could truly lose myself in if it were done right. But almost every MMO has a one-dimensional world that I just can’t care about.

And I’m sorry Wildstar, but your incredibly troped and done before story of empires and rebels… not what I want.

One for someone younger than me.

#6 1 year ago