PS4: GameStop registers “strong demand” for new console

Friday, 15th March 2013 01:59 GMT By Brenna Hillier

GameStop has already received 600,000 registrations for its “First to Know” PlayStation 4 mailing list.

The US-based retail chain said the numbers indicate “strong demand” for informaiton about the new console.

“With only a glance at the PS4, gamers are excited and eager to know more. Within just a few weeks, more than 600,000 people have signed up, showing strong demand for this new console,” president Tony Bartel said in a statement published on Gamespot.

SCE America president Jack Tretton said GameStop’s revelation shows that the “promise of PS4 is resonating with gamers”.

PlayStation 4 is expected in the holiday period this year. many retailers are yet to open pre-orders, as Sony has not suggested a price yet.

Thanks, Lengendaryboss.

1. theevilaires

I swear if I see assholes on Ebay trying to sell the PS4 at launch for triple the price i’m gonna hunt their asses down and beat the living shit out of them. Please have 5 million consoles ready for launch SONY.

2. woe

Didnt GameStop say the same about the Wii U?

3. melonbuster1

I’m gonna sell every extra Ps4 I get for 2000.00. I’m gonna preorder 7 . But it’s good to see gamestop promoting one of the systems that will shut they’re doors

4. melonbuster1

Btw. Sony can’t have 5 million systems ready .because of the ram. Its too hard to manufacture in large amounts. So you might get Japan with 500, 000. And the U.S. with 600, 000.

5. SlayerGT

I have connections on the “inside”, and am owed a favor ;) should get mine on launch…hopefully.

6. G1GAHURTZ

^ What do your prison contacts have to do with this?

7. Clupula

@2 – Oh, an article on Sony wouldn’t be complete without Woe trying to find some way to turn it negative.

8. SlayerGT

@6 Ha!! Touche ;)

9. xxJPRACERxx

@1 Call me, I fucking hate them too. I’ll help you kick their asses!

10. SlayerGT

@6 Awww. If I were a wittier man I should ha said Frank Christopher Olivera :D

11. DSeer49

guys go in this site and vote

12. G1GAHURTZ