Drakengard 3 screens and art now in glorious HD

Friday, 15th March 2013 02:37 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Square Enix has released a small number of concept artworks along with higher resolution versions of the Drakengard 3 screens seen yesterday, so now you can complain about the graphics in even greater detail while I blissfully ignore you.

Drakengard 3 is the third – obviously – in a series of RPGs which were originally developed by Cavia. The team was disbanded after the canonically-related Nier, but Square Enix, a big fan of the studio’s controversial output, has gathered together some of the old hands for one last rumble. It’s a PlayStation 3-only affair, and hasn’t been confirmed for release outside of Japan, where it’s expected sometime this year.

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. YoungZer0

*Whoosh* There goes any interest for this game.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Clupula

Yup. Drakengard with the original creators. It could be done in 8-bit graphics and I’d still want to play it. Hugely anticipated title for me.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Red XIII

Nier was one of the best games to come out this gen. Really looking forward to this.

(created an account just because of my love for this team and their games. I wish all the best to those who love Cavia’s work ;)

#3 1 year ago
  4. Dragon246

I give up, I will play this. But only and only because The main character, Zero, is a busty white-haired lady with a flower growing from her right eye. She has an artificial arm and most importantly, is in a relationship “with a number of men”. :D

#4 1 year ago
  5. Gnosis

I’m in as long as the majority of the boss battles in the game are gonna be like that giant spider thingy. It looks like fun.

#5 1 year ago
  6. dizzygear

Come on Squeenix, Confirm a release in the west already! And please leave the main characters alone this time.

#6 1 year ago