Star Wars: First Assault gameplay footage leaks

Wednesday, 13th March 2013 19:55 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Leaked footage of Star Wars: First Assault has turned up, once again courtesy of Kotaku. The footage shows early gameplay footage purportedly from the fall 2012 build, as well as a video showing a pre-rendered clip. The source who sent the videos to Kotaku stated the gameplay video shows in-game footage with all known issues for the time, and that since the video’s creation, “many improvements have been made in performance, completeness, and quality.” First Assault is a FPS which was slated for a spring 2013 and it was originally outed in late August by a domain name and trademark registration.

1. DSB

So this is either a developer who fears for his work, or Disney being smart about building hype and testing the feedback.

Designwise, I think it’s brilliant that they’re sticking to the “troops”. The worst thing about a lot of Star Wars games is trying to balance a lightsaber.

By definition, there’s pretty much nothing balanced about a lightsaber.

I’m not going back on the ewok rule though. Either I get to play one, or I don’t play at all.

2. Lewis247

GIMME GIMME GIMME. This looks brilliant, although, again there is no way of telling but I really hope these maps are HUGE. With flying. That would kick ass.

3. roadkill

Republic Commando bitcheeees!! :D

4. YoungZer0

Yep, definitely looks nice. I like playing the simple stormtroopers. Anyone remember Republic Commando? That game was goooood.

Star Wars never really had any proper Jedi game. If they do decide to make another one, they might as well adapt the Cutting-Mechanic from Revengeance.

5. GK

so,where is video? :D

6. YoungZer0

The red text, dude.

7. manamana

I just wish for a modern Battlefront, is that really too much to ask?! All those new Battlefront attempts are stucked at 99% – they are so doomed! This looks good enough for me – let it out, biiiiatches!!!

8. Noodlemanny

I might just buy this to help encourage the development of Battlefront 3. I’ll buy it even if its total shit if it means just one more step towards Battlefront 3. Its only an XBLA after, all it can’t cost more than 1600 MS… probably…
    jinxed it ;(

9. GK

i see 3 red text and no one lead to video :D

10. DSB

@9 Did you perform the ritual?

You have to clap your hands, blink your eyes three times, rub your belly, and then flick your mousewheel slightly down.

You’re welcome.

11. manamana

Disney: Do or do not, there is no try.