The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Seasons headed west soon

Tuesday, 12th March 2013 22:21 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Seasons is expected in the west before end of northern spring, series producer Eiji Aonuma has said.

In a Wii U MiiVerse post reported by GameInformer, Aonuma said the 3DS port of the Game Boy Color classics is coming to territories outside Japan before northern summer.

Oracle of Ages and Seasons originally released as two titles, and players could share content between the two; this feature apparently still exists in the bundled update. You need to finish both to access the full story.

The re-release arrived in Japan in late February via the 3DS eShop’s Virtual Console. The original games released worldwide in 2001.

1. Fin

While Oracle Seasons/Ages were two of my favourite Zelda games ever (far and away the best handheld ones), Nintendo really have to stop with these rehashes.

I swear, no other company gets away with releasing the same exact same games over and over.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Kidbuu42

@1 what’s so heinous about putting gameboy games on a digital store? Nintendo has a lot of long running series. I actually respect that they make an effort to make a large majority of their history so accessible to newcomers. Think of the people just getting into zelda, do you think they should have to track down an NES and a gold cartridge to play the original?

#2 1 year ago
  3. Lightmanone

I never had a real chance to play these 2 games, simply because of money concearns. However.. now that these come out for the 3DS, and friends of mine will buy these games too, I can finally really get around with sharing content with my friends this way. (yes, I am over the age of 25 if you are interested).
    I don’t mind that big N is re-releasing these games. You don’t HAVE to buy them you know. But the people that do want to buy them, have the chance.

Some are even arguing that Nintendo isn’t doing this faster. ^^;

#3 1 year ago
  4. Fin

No, they should get an emulator if they want to play the original.

There’s been two original Zelda games for handheld in the last seven years. Nintendo should be putting development effort into new games, rather than remaking old ones.

#4 1 year ago
  5. dreamcastnews

What about those wanting to legally play the games?

#5 1 year ago
  6. zombieassassin

I actually love that they’re releasing these on the 3DS eshop. I’d much rather pay 5.99 than way higher for an original that may not even work.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Cobra951

@4: Yes, it’s too easy to play these games on any number of platforms already, and we have all bought them at least once already (which may not cover legality, but certainly covers morality for me). But I honestly don’t begrudge Nintendo their revenue stream on these old properties. It’s not like they’re strong-arming anyone into buying them over and over again.

#7 1 year ago
  8. theevilaires

Would be awesome if you could play this on the Wii U

#8 1 year ago