Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS is rather massive

Friday, 8th March 2013 08:13 GMT By Dave Cook

Friendly heads-up time. If you were planning on buying Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate when it launches across Europe on March 22, you might was to think again, or get a new SD card.

Admittedly, this is maybe the smallest news piece I’ve ever written, but the game will cost you 14,275 blocks of SD card space, which is almost the full card that comes with the console.

As I pointed out in the disclaimer at the bottom of my Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate appraisal, this can be a real annoyance, so get yourself a new SD card if you can.

1. Francis O

This might be a issue if were talking the Vita here, because the memory cards are so damn expensive. But its the 3DS, 32 GB memory cards are dirt cheap. I got mine on black Friday for $19.99 and I regularly see 32GB SD memory cards for as low as $24 online. Any serious gamer with a 3DS needs to step up to a bigger memory card now Nintendo is offering full game downloads via the eShop

2. manamana

Sounds great. The good news is: SD cards cost next to nothing. The fastest cards are still cheaper than Sony’s misleaded, proprietary format.

Sorry, couldn’t resist to rant.

Edit: Francis beat me to it.

3. Dragon246

@Dave,
    “14,275 blocks of SD card space”
    It makes little sense. The digital 3DS version is 1.74GB.

4. Showmeyomoves!

“You can check out my Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: A Noob’s Journey blog series, kicking off right here on March 18.”

Looking forward to it, Dave! (Though be prepared for some know-it-all comments from myself and others.) :p

5. mistermogul

@4 – me too! I’m a MH noob!

6. Froseidon

@3 – You’ve clearly never been on the 3DS e-shop.

7. Dragon246

@6,
    No. That is why I said it makes no sense. Care to enlighten me?