Take-Two discusses “extensive pipeline of unannounced titles”

Thursday, 7th March 2013 16:00 GMT By Dave Cook

Take-Two has hinted at its “Extensive pipeline of unannounced titles” at this week’s Wedbush Transformational Technologies Conference, name-dropping a list of key IP the publisher feels is important to the company.

Gamespot reports that Take’Two’s chief operating officer Karl Slatoff name-dropped Red Dead, Mafia, Borderlands, L.A. Noire, and Max Payne, stating that they were all important to the publisher.

During his session, Slatoff said, “Looking beyond 2013, with Grand Theft Auto V launching on September 17, fiscal 2014 should be one of the best years ever for the company with substantial revenue and earnings growth.

“And we also have an extensive pipeline of unannounced titles in development which you are going to hear about in the future months”.

So, care to guess what these unannounced games could be? We’ve already heard rumblings that a next-gen Mafia 3 is currently in development.

1. Eregol

No word on Agent then?
    I’d like it if in future E3s both MS and Sony could refrain from showing anything that doesn’t actually have any sort of build currently available to view.

2. Moonwalker1982

I’m gonna be the first one to say that i hope one of the titles is Bully 2. Yes i know a sequel to RDR makes more sense, sales-wise, no doubt..but bring me Bully 2 and i’m gonna be so fucking happy.

3. SameeR_Fisher

Agent, we need Agent for the PS3 ASAP.

4. Lengendaryboss

@3 Lets See Agent i would like to because of it being made by GTA Developers (and what was said about it back then made it sound interesting), Red Dead Redemption 2 could be a prequel i would like to see what john did in the gang, Max Payne 4 a return to the originals not that MP3 Wasn’t good i just like to see more of the originals, LA Noire 2 just needs to include multiplayer and i will like it more and finally i would ask for GTA 6 but with GTA 5 coming September don’t want to get greedy and i feel like i am going to be playing it for 4 years like i did GTA 4.

5. SameeR_Fisher

@4: I love the concept of Agent since I am into Black Ops–CIA–Intelligence Gathering and all of that, also it can be like Jason Bourne game by RockStar, that would be amazing.

I am also looking forward to LA Noire, the first one had a very cool story, Phelips was a heck of a guy, I grew to love him, they need to make the gameplay more varied as well, and we are good to go. –and enough with the crazy trophies like racking up 250K damage or something–

6. Sadismek

I think I’ve said this before, but for me Red Dead Redemption was a system seller, and ultimately sealed the deal of getting my PS3. If any platform gets an exclusivity deal on Red Dead Redemption, I’d get that in an instant.

Unless it comes on PC, of course :P.

7. GwynbleiddiuM

I don’t think Agent is gonna happen at all, and if it did probably for PS4, not PS3. They have shown nothing of it since it was announced.

8. Max Payne

@7 Yea probably.
    I think Gta V is last game for this gen from Rockstar.
    There is no way they would release something exclusive for this gen.

9. Hunam

Why do people even want Agent? I mean, wasn’t it basically a logo and a concept and that was it?

10. MadFingerz

@9 It was a pretty nice logo though, wasn’t it? :p

Besides….the promise!!

11. Lengendaryboss

@9 Made by creators of GTA, Interesting Time Period, Nice logo, nice leaked screenshots and exclusive to PS3 (Currently i believe a switch to PS4 is possible) being able to take advantage of PS3 true power. Take your pick.

12. drewbles82

Yes this could be the best year for them but i still think its very bad timing for a release, like a month a bit before Next gen hardware comes out. You want people to be playing your game for a long time, people still play loads on GTA4, thats not gonna happen with 5 as people will be slowly switching to nextgen.
    Not to forget, GTA5 will probably have DLC, by the time that comes out, a lot of people would be playing nextgen.
    I do think it will do well but it wont last as long as 4 cuz ppl will be looking nextgen more.

13. No_PUDding

FFFFFFFFuuuu…..

Red Dead REdemption

L.A Noire

I will go preorder any game with a 2 stuck on the end of these titles. Right now!

14. mreko3230

@2 I’ve been saying that for year. I swear if they threw Bully 2 up on Kickstarter it would have its funding in 24 hours. So many fans of that game are dying for a sequel.

15. Vice

If they going to:
    1: Not port next Red Dead to PC again.
    2: F**k it’s ending up again so much that you won’t have any desire to re-play overall fantastic game.

Then they can go f**k themselves, I will have to interest in thier game.