Minecraft could eventually release on PS3 once exclusivity deal ends on Xbox 360

Tuesday, 5th March 2013 19:32 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Mojang has told iGamer that Minecraft could eventually release on PS3 once its exclusivity deal on Xbox 360 runs out.

According to Jens Bergensten, a PS3 version could be under consideration in the future, but it’s “very unlikely,” the game would ever be released on Wii U.

“Microsoft has an exclusivity deal for consoles,” said Bergensten who is the lead designer of the Pocket Edition. ”When it runs out we’ll consider Minecraft for PS3, but Wii U is very unlikely.”

He also said the team is currently working on making the Pocket Edition of Minecraft more similar to the PC version but getting e “so-called online multiplayer going.”

You can read the interview in the latest edition of iGamer through the App Store.

Thanks, Edge.

1. Gekidami

May as well just make a PS4 version in that case. Its a RAM-heavy game anyway.

2. xBASSxMONSTAx

PS Vita version please so we could play together with crossover feature

3. theevilaires

I’m seriously getting tired of these fucking exclusive deals when the bastards can’t even make a great exclusive 1st party portfolio. The PS3 has passed these bastards world wide now. Why are devs making exclusive deals with this inferior (in so many ways) console.

Anyway I don’t care about this game. I rather create things in Little Big Planet than this ugly crap. I just hate exclusive deals now. Theres no reason for them and it just alienates consumers.

4. ps3fanboy

bring it to the ps3/ps4 and forget the horrid wii-u…..

5. theevilaires

^ I think it would do wonders on the Wii U actually.

6. OlderGamer

I do too, Tea. The gamepad could be great with Minecraft.

7. russdude13

I couldn’t help but to agree, that and PS Vita would be a great fit for this game.

8. Clupula

Yeah, but they’d still have to actually try to sell it on the Wii U and nobody buys Wii U games not called Mario, Zelda, or Metroid. After all, isn’t everybody just waiting for those three before the floodgates open and the Wii U dominates everything?

…yeah, I couldn’t say that last sentence with a straight face either.

9. o0o057

I am greatly pleased by far into the video game industry that Minecraft has, and I am excited to see how this new application of Minecraft will do in the popularity for the PS3 (or maby even PS4) gamer population. Minecraft being my favourite game I am excited to know that this might very well open doors for other people who have never experienced the game before to enjoy it. Although it kind of dissapoints me that Minecraft will most likly not get onto the WII U, but I guess you can’t win them all. o0o057

10. zoiesiler101

I just hope they add the mo creatures mod! I’m fucking tired of pc version getting new mobs and such… I want Pegasus most of all! I’m fucking tired of the ass holes who rub mo creatures in our faces!

11. minecraft86

I just hope that minecraft on xbox gets updated to have every thing that pc has.

12. LordDjinn

Is still find it weird. I bet Microsoft approached Mojang first. sad it may not be on the ps3/4

#12 1 year ago
  13. Cobra951

If Mojang had known the console version would end up selling 7 million copies and counting, they wouldn’t have limited themselves to the Xbox either. They would have invested themselves more heavily into the console project, and told MS to take a hike on their exclusivity deal. If MS had then stupidly refused the game on the 360 because of wanting too much control, the game would have ended up on the PS3 first. Then MS would have caved, after the PS3 version sold in the millions.

#13 1 year ago