Assassin’s Creed 4: next-gen release to have online single-player features

Tuesday, 5th March 2013 10:08 GMT By Dave Cook

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag will feature connected single-player features, according to creative director Jean Guesdon. The features will ensure that you will be connected to the game’s community even when playing solo.

In a leaked internal Q&A with Guesdon acquired by AGB, he said, “ACIVBF will also be available on Next Gen consoles. In addition to improved graphics and physic, Next Gen versions will bring to the players new connected features allowing them to feel that even if they remain “Single Player” it will be better to be a “Single Connected Player”.

“I mean, that Next Gen Consoles will allow players to have a solo experience that benefit the presence of a huge community.

This echoes what Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli said recently, that the notion of ‘single-player’ experiences has to go away. He suggested that solo campaigns should always come with some degree of connectivity, similar to Guild Wars 2, or something like Need For Speed’s Autolog function.

What do you think?

Thanks OXM.

1. Petulant Radish

No thank you, for me I like my single player experiences as described: just em, playing in a world I can zone out in and enjoy. Online and multiplayer is great, I love it, but it is a whole different experience and should be kept separate.

2. mreko3230

I think those are comments from people who can, in some way, financially gain from having “Online Single-Player”. I’m going to be playing the Tomb Raider campaign today. I could give a rat’s a** if anyone in my “social circle” knows about it.

3. damo110011

well crytek can go take a leap i like single player games as well I dont always want to play with other people all the time need some ME time too ya know

4. The_Red

Unless it’s optional connection online like Demon’s / Dark Souls, you can FUCK OFF. Seriously, AC games are on the brink of becoming irrelevant and this will be the last straw for me (Though there is always the PS3/360 version).

#4 1 year ago
  5. Klaxusprime

What leak are you talking about Dave? This is official Q&A, even available on Games Press.. Verify your sources m8 ;)

#5 1 year ago
  6. EZXPSnazzyPanic

I like the way that theres a sense of community and mutual gain from playing the Single Player, aslong as it’s a gateway to extra content, gameplay and story.

#6 1 year ago
  7. SlayerGT

I think a lot of Next Gen games are going to have heavier MP in your campaigns, like Dark Souls but with actual participation, not ghost. Look at Watch Dogs. And though it wasn’t said outright I got the feeling Infamous Second Son is going to do the same.

#7 1 year ago