Tomb Raider street date broken by Tesco, on sale now

Monday, 4th March 2013 14:44 GMT By Dave Cook

Tomb Raider can be yours from today after retailer Tesco started selling copies ahead of its March 5th UK launch.

MCV reports that Tesco is selling Tomb Raider at £32 across many of its outlets. Some tipsters told the site that they even bought the game as early as Saturday.

We’ll update if other retailers decide to follow suit.

Let us know if you pick it up.

1. Tech-N9ne

LOL, I got my pre-ordered copy on the 28th of February! Was pretty surprised and happy, beat the game already.

#1 1 year ago
  2. m2stech

Saw JB-HIFI selling them yesterday here in Australia!

#2 1 year ago
  3. Tavarish

Launch of this game has already been disaster of sorts, this wont add much to it. There has been XO and PS3 versions floating around for, what, two weeks now? Employees of gaming shops etc. pulling copies from back to self and friends and then making Let’s Plays way ahead of release dates.

“Fun” part is that if Square don’t like those “early leaks” of final product they can inflict financial, and/or other kind, penalties upon retailers that are caught from early selling. Publisher putting backslash on major retailer that is “early selling” isn’t that rare either. Tesco will hear about this etc. even if it isn’t made public.

#3 1 year ago
  4. DSB

Keeping my money for Bioshock Infinite, but had it been a better month I probably would’ve gotten this.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Froseidon

March 8th? I thought it was March 5th >.> I pre-ordered mine from an in-store GAME and just got a text telling me I can pick mine up tomorrow (5th).

#5 1 year ago
  6. Dave Cook

@5 Correct Froseidon, I’ve edited that. Cheers for the reminder mate.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Froseidon

@6 Awesome, no probs.

#7 1 year ago
  8. CycloneFox

i’m already playing since the 28th of february. it’s a surprisingly good game. kinda like Uncharted with a dark souls-like open world with alot of love in details, which is a great thing.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Talkar

And once again Steam will ruin it for PC gamers, by not even being able to install it until the 5th :/

#9 1 year ago
  10. Len

Come again? Got mine sat on the hd installed and ready to go…

#10 1 year ago
  11. Moonwalker1982

I honestly received my copy last thursday, some internet shops here don’t giva a damn about embargo’s.

#11 1 year ago
  12. gamereck36

So far I have really enjoyed the game from what I played so far.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Arkorvo

@9 The steam pre-load has been up for a few days now.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Kascade

Online retailers sending the game out early has been happening for years, and it’s that gray area of.. well it’s shipping, but Tesco just blatantly selling it on the weekend before? That’s taken it a whole step further. In a way I feel like they deserve to be handed a significant fine for this kind of behaviour. Square are well within their rights to.

It’s good for the publisher and Tesco have the cash reserves.

#14 1 year ago
  15. aseddon130

I work on that department in my Tesco store and this is simply gobshite employees not reading their bulletins saying ‘OUT TUESDAY’ – Tesco as a brand have not broke street dates.

I have had the stock for our store since Saturday but even i have known not to put out my OFD and shelf copies until tomorrow … Well, im off tomorrow so someone will put it out

hopefully. Maybe our store will be the one that releases the game way after release because nobody else could be arsed doing it.

#15 1 year ago