Mass Effect 3: Citadel trailer is packed with dreams come true

Monday, 4th March 2013 22:28 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Shepard and Joker enjoy a quiet dinner together when they are interrupted by random acts of violence. The commander swaps genders briefly to dance with Garrus. Miranda manages to wear even less than usual. This is Mass Effect 3: Citadel, the most fanservice-filled DLC the DLC has ever seen.

If you had any doubts that BioWare is giving the Mass Effect trilogy the send-off fans demanded, put them to rest watching the trailer below. And then ask yourself: what has man wrought? Man ought not to send his fanfiction to BioWare.

Citadel drops in time with this week’s console updates and is the final DLC pack the trilogy will receive. It’ll set you back 1200 points or $15.

Thanks, EvilAvatar.

1. Wezzulus

Reapers are invading the Galaxy. Half of the Galaxy is dead. But hey Shepard, take a holiday so you can bang your love interest and relax. Oh and you will need your whole squad for this mission, cause the Reaper invasion obviously is a cake walk which you can easily do with 4 squad mates.

Lol whut.

Well done Bioware. You’re really showing your effort in making great games is none existent. And piss off with the dating sim already, focus on what Mass Effect really is, an action RPG.

#1 1 year ago
  2. DSB

Lulz. I thought Mass Effect 2 was just as stupid.

“We know you’re basically working for the worst scum in the universe, whom we have established as genocidal nazis in space, but that’s okay, because they put you back together when your ship blew up and you died”

So working for the nazis is somehow acceptable as long as you’re also a zombie.

A nazi zombie. In space. Looking to battle a big NOT-THE-TERMINATOR with huge orange targets for eyes. Because that’s what you expect from the finest engineers that the universe has ever known. Seriously, I’ve seen Russian cars with less serious design flaws.

#2 1 year ago
  3. ruckus

Yeah – the huge terminator thing was so lame I didn’t bother with 3. It’s part of Plus on the PS3 so I’ll give it a go but I’m not expecting much.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Bomba Luigi

This is strange. It looks like a Post-End DLC, but they had to put it in the middle of the Game because of the End. Like a DLC made for a diffrent Game.

Having Fun und drinking and all that Stuff while Reapers killing Civilizations everywhere is just too strange. Having a bit drinking and all that on the Normandy I could understand, because you have to do something until you get to your next Destination, you have to waste some Time there.

But take your Time going to the Citadel, and then hanging around there and wasting more Time, while Reapers Fuck around everywhere is just insane. And building something up on the Citadel and then TIM and the Reapers just destroying that anyway… I don’t get it.
    But everybody who can have Fun with that, thats fine.

#4 1 year ago
  5. OmegaSlayer

Wouldn’t you get laid or get drunk if it would be the last time you could?
    That’s what makes the character of Mass Effect…human and relatable.
    Because it’s non human to not fall in love even if there’s a war going on.

Shepard is a man before being a hero.
    That’s what’s so great about him, his charisma, his attitude, more than the use of the guns.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Noelemahc

>>Wouldn’t you get laid or get drunk if it would be the last time you >>could?

Not after the epic chewing-out of people that do it made IN THE GAME ITSELF, earlier, by Joker and Shepard themselves. You know, back on the Presidium, when they discuss how people of the Citadel pretend the war doesn’t exist? This DLC’s very premise is JOINING IN ON THAT SELF-DELUSION.

Had this been post-ending DLC, all would’ve been well, but BioWare still don’t got the balls to admit their ending sucks and they should fix THAT before attempting to placate us with fanservice. What good is Shepard owning another apartment (note how happily they retconned his/her Intai’Sei home out) if (s)he’s gonna die a few weeks later AND WE ALREADY KNOW THAT?

#6 1 year ago
  7. Sylrissa

@6 Exactly, I don’t have any problem with this DLC in and of itself, but rather with trying to slot it in mid game, rather then as post game event, which doesn’t fit well imo.

#7 1 year ago
  8. TheWulf

So much bile and vitriol without even having played it. You’re truly a credit to our species and not at all just genetic waste. Yep, you’re legit. I can understand not liking something, but the hatred here is absolutely ridiculous. Also, that something went over the heads of the kind of people who’d use ‘lulz’ and ‘lol whut’ doesn’t surprise me in the least.

I mean, honestly… I haven’t used the word ‘degenerates’ to describe anyone in a while, but I honestly think it’s fitting, here. Some gamers are just bloody degenerates.

You could just say “I don’t like what this is.” or “I don’t like what Mass Effect was, so I won’t be getting this.” but the attacks that go beyond that come over like BioWare were responsible for stealing your firstborn. All that they were responsible for was not giving you ‘Player 1 slaughters General Prime of the Evil, Faceless Space Empire, saves the Galaxy, marries the Galactic Space Princess, has a billion blue babies, and lives happily ever after’ as an ending.

And hey, you’d think we’d be grown-up enough to want something that didn’t read like a Saturday morning cartoon plotline. But no.

Degenerates.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Edo

@8 I don’t like dem color picking in mah games,it hurts me brain.

#9 1 year ago
  10. DSB

Good gosh that’s a lot of whining over a mediocre franchise.

As far as I know, Bioware aren’t guilty of much more than butchering their own stories.

That’s bad enough, but it’s hardly the end of the world. Cheer up, buddy.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Kabby

Waiting for the Gamer Poop version of this video.

#11 1 year ago