Deus Ex Human Revolution: ‘modified’ edition gets age-rated

Monday, 4th March 2013 11:12 GMT By Dave Cook

Deus Ex: Human Revolution could be gearing up for some kind of re-release, as a ‘modified’ edition of the game has just been age-rated for Australia.

CVG spotted the age rating, which states the game has been ‘modified’ in some way. This could mean a re-pack or a port. If the latter is true then it could mean the game is coming to Wii U or another format.

Eurogamer has theorised that this could simply be an all-encompassing edition that comes with all pieces of DLC, but a Wii U edition could be likely.

The evidence is above. What do you think?

1. Nakorson

Uh nice, could this be a version were the Missing Link DLC is integrated in the normal playthrough? <3

2. Talkar

Whatever platform gets this, i’m happy. I want as many people as possible to experience Deus Ex :)

3. NeoSquall

@1 Keep on dreaming.

Wii U port is more likely, I wonder what “exclusive” gimmicks for the GamePad Eidos Montreal had to come out with.

4. redwood

hoping it’s something other than the wiiU port, but something tells me it will be just that :(

5. NeoSquall

I’ve paid attention to the image and…

WTF? No violence, no scurry words and no drugs?

What is this, Deus Ex: Mii Edition?
    The rating is completely wrong!

6. Francis O

If this game does come out for the Wii U, it better be like $20, seriously. Or it won’t sell at all. I would just release it digitally on the Wii U eShop for $20.

7. povu

The Missing Link resets your aug upgrades and gives you a whole bunch of upgrade points as it goes on. There isn’t really a way to integrate it into the main game.

8. Erthazus

Deus Ex:HR was okay…

9. YoungZer0

@7: Also it creates a plothole.

10. DSB

The game was full of plotholes already :P

It was just ridiculous the amount of conversations I had with people who I pissed off to the point of no return… Only to throw one nice sentence at them and have them COMPLETELY recover and love me to death.

It was just awful, man. If you can’t even ensure continuity in your dialogue options, then what chance does the plot have?

11. osric90

I hope this is some kind of “enhanced edition” (like The Witcher’s) that fixes all the continuity problems, gets, hopefully too, new CGI cutscenes with the trailer’s quality (ones in the game were awful) and yes, integrates all the DLC in some way for a more complete experience. It would be nice if the credits are re-made too, without those funny photos of the crew making the most “emotive” moment ridiculous.

12. dreamcastnews

I’d buy this on Wii U. Enjoyed the little I played on Xbox 360 before trading it in whilst it was worth £30

13. dreamcastnews

Actually, more likely a dumbed down version for Oz, since they get screwed with everything down there.