Gaijin Games is working on a Wii U patch for Runner 2, and the main fix coming will squash a bug which freezes the console when powered down or exiting to the main menu.
“We had never experienced this issue on our devkits, during development, so it seems that this is an issue that only occurs on retail Wii U,” said co-founder Alex Neuse. “This makes it super gnarly to debug. It might not even be our bug. But we have tried to fix it.”
Other issues in the works include the following:
- At the start of the game, when it asks you if you want to log in, we’ve added some feedback so it doesn’t look like the game is hanging.
- The leaderboards will only save your highest score, as expected, instead of your most recent score, which it does now.
- If you lose your internet connection during play, we’ve allowed you to reconnect by going to the leaderboards menu.
- We’ve fixed false score reporting for in-game Rewards.
- We’ve fixed an issue with the level start mini-leaderboard telling you you’re offline when you’re actually online. It will populate this list with global scores if you don’t have any friends who have played the game yet.
- We’ve fixed an issue in the settings menu that resets your settings every time you enter the menu.
The patch is listed as “coming soon.”
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.