Assassin’s Creed 4 next-gen release date, trailer leaked

Saturday, 2nd March 2013 17:33 GMT By Brenna Hillier

A slip up on the new Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag website apparently gave away the next-generation title’s release date.

“Also coming to next-gen systems,” some accompanying text advises. The initial announcement mentioned only PC and current generation consoles.

AGB has posted what appears to be a still from the trailer:

The page also mentions a Todd McFarlane poster as a pre-order bonus.

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag has been leaking like crazy for several days now, and Ubisoft confirmed its existence with a countdown site this morning; the page other sites report seeing will apparently become accessible once the countdown ends.

The October 29 release date may give us a clue as to when the PlayStation 4 and Microsoft’s new console will release, although it’s possible Ubisoft will release current-generation versions ahead of their next-gen brethren.

GamesRadar has the leaked trailer posted through here, but it can also be accessed here.

1. Bam007

It could simply mean that it will release on the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 on the 29th of October, but noting that it will also be available for next-gen consoles.

I’d say purposely done for the shock and aww of those who like to jump on rumours. Buzz about PS4 and “720″ + Assassin’s Creed IV = extra 100,000 copies sold.

2. Francis O

Assassin’s Creed needs to take a break. AC 3 was cool at times, but the framerate and gameplay were tired. The franchise needs a new engine and battle system.

3. mkotechno

They totally lost the game soul, just like Resident Evil with mutants with guns, Assasins Creed is becoming plain bullshit with sea battles and pirates… whats the next? AC: Nascar racing conspiration?

4. Dave Cook

@3 agreed. AC3 was my biggest let-down of 2012. Really annoyed me how it embodied all of (what I consider to be) the worst traits of gaming at the moment.

Immense hand-holding
    Needless side filler
    Micro-payments
    Scripted control

I can go on, but I won’t as I know some people like it, and that’s fine too. Just my take :)

5. Mike W

I thought it was ok, but I haven’t finished an AC game since the first one.

6. FrayJoker

It sounds too soon, but plausible.

7. MadFingerz

Wow, is AC3 that “bad”? I haven’t even played Revelations…Still waiting for it to hit Plus :P

Do it Sony, pweaaaaaaase!

8. Stephany Nunneley

Looks like the trailer has leaked. I have updated the post with a link to it at the bottom.

9. Edo

@8 Nice!

10. Sadismek

@8 Good trailer, game looks interesting, Ubisoft will most likely screw something, fans will scream, people will backlash it. Sigh… a pause is all I ask, Ubi, is it that much?

11. miles97

trailer is leaked

12. Edo

@10 They will most certainly delay the PC version…how ‘s that for a start :)?

13. miles97

Trailer is awesome may edward may outwit even Ezio

14. miles97

What No one interested in Reveal trailer

15. dex3108

They can’t stop video to spread now :D And trailers is surprisingly good. For me way better than AC3 one.

16. Ali

Honestly, I am in. Loved the trailer.

17. Stephany Nunneley

@14 of course they are – as I pointed out in @8 it’s linked in the post. I will not embed it here.

18. Edo

If this is the only way to get a Pirate themed open world game then by all means!

19. Stephany Nunneley

@18 Agreed! :)

20. miles97

i think this one will be best AC after ACII imo

21. MadFingerz

I liked previous AC trailers more, this one wasn’t really screaming epic.

22. Ali

@18/@19 I really agree. With Raven’s Cry taking forever to launch and not really having the mega budget this game is getting

23. Erthazus

Milking the franchise to death. I said since AssCreed III was shown that it is already an outdated franchise.

now it’s Assassins with pirates. How clever.

and pirates or not, SEA battles in ASSCREED 3 were arcadish at best. No fun at all.

24. miles97

haters gonna hate :P

25. Mike W

Dope :D

26. Lengendaryboss

@25 It makes sense considering what Assassin’s Creed Fans got with 3. Like i said before on a another post it should not take the COD route, Quality and Sales will decrease. It should at the very least take a year off, seeing as that is not happening they have to address Fan feedback they got with Assassin’s Creed 3 and if necessary delay it if it needs polishing.

27. Erthazus

It’s already on CoD road since Revelations and the game was never good to begin with.

It was beautiful, but gameplay was always it’s weakest part.

28. Lengendaryboss

Also does this trailer remind anyone of pirates of the carribean or is that just me?

29. Ali

#29, that’s because Pirates of the Carribean is the biggest project about pirates to date. Everybody jumps to that whenever they see pirates on the TV.

Pirates’ theme remains generally not touched in games. If this turns out successfully, I expect some smaller teams with smaller budgets to do more of that theme.

30. Lengendaryboss

@28 Interesting opinion about gameplay if slightly negative.

31. Kabby

A lost in time pirate, wearing feathers in his hat, fondling boobs, beating up fools, robbing the unworthy while captaining a boat on the high seas?

It’s like this game was thought up by a committee. From 4Chan. Could be the most fun title of the series.

As for the trailer, the eyes on the Blackbeard story teller are well done. The look of the lead guy seems off though, really.

32. Lengendaryboss

@30 If it is successful then i would enjoy nothing more than seeing more pirate games.

33. ManuOtaku

I just hope is a combination of sid meirs pirates and rysen 2, if they can deliver something like this then i am in, theres not that many pirates game out there.

34. Sini

It’s good they focused on one thing the previous game did right, the sea battles. It’s too bad we get to play as another boring tard instead of that pirate captain looking guy that’s narrating. At least they coulda made a stab at female character like in vita game.

35. Hellhound30x

PLAYSTATION 4 THE WIN! (=

36. mathare92

The lead character looks strikingly similar to Édgar Ramírez (Zero Dark Thirty, Carlos).

- http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/still/zero-dark-thirty-2012-img10.jpg

37. CaptPierce

Welp, was up in arms about this being released so soon after not liking the third, but this looks pretty damn exciting! Can’t wait to see what it’s like. :)

And really guys? People are really gonna complain about it being an annualized series now? 2010 happened a long time ago guys.

38. Verrg5

@21 *sigh* World premier trailer…..world premier trailer…cmon… look at world premier trailer of 3 to its official trailer…cmon..bro…just cmon..

@23 Sure AC might be going down that CoD road. But it has built a big enuf fan base to keep it up till it makes (might) a comeback.

On a side note, I don’t get why people are saying ” take a break, bla bla bla” stfu. Take a break? u dumb? just keep overlaying the development time over each other. Hey, who knows AC5 development could have started the same time as AC3 alredy. suck it.

39. Lengendaryboss

@38.39 Like i said before Quality and Sales will eventually decrease it has started with COD. Fans got the short end of the stick with Assassin’s Creed 3 and now we have got Assassin’s Creed 4 Black Flag a pirate themed game. how long until we get Assassin’s Creed 5 Naval Warfare. I would have no problem with it being annualized if Quality was always there and who cares if each Assassin’s Creed game is developed in conjunction with others if Quality is still not there it doesn’t matter.

40. Edo

First screenshots http://www.dsogaming.com/news/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-world-premiere-trailer-leaked/ .

41. Lengendaryboss

@41 Granted the game looks amazing but i will still keep my opinion about it.

42. Edo

It’s a damn shame I already knew too many details about Edward Kenway,including the exact date of his death,so you guys might want to avoid looking for more info about him if you consider this kind of information spoilerish.

43. heroes159

I actually haven’t had a wow with the trailer. I still didn’t play Assassins Creed 3 though. But I Played every other AC game at least twice. I love AC franchise. Hope it will get better with next game. anyway This trailer looks Disappointing too me. Hopefully the game wont. Anyway this trailer is leaked version. Maybe Ubisoft will come out with a new trailer

44. Digital Bamboo

Ah! That first trailer link forced me to watch the guys from GamesRadar talk about what they want from PS4 & neXtBOX, but the second one worked beautifully.

Trialer looked very impressive. I definately want to roam free in that world.

45. miles97

and it has co op option we can play solo or co op with buddy ,

46. Mus42

Looks great to me, its about time we got a quality Pirate game

47. badboy_122

screens and new video for the game … leaks are on a roll

48. Lewis247

This looks so fucking epic. But I just can’t keep up the games… Not even played past 2 and I absolutely loved that game.

Three has not interested me in the slightest. It’s just weird seeing 4 in general, how can the quality be up to scratch if they constantly release them?

49. Lengendaryboss

@49 Exactly what i have been saying about the quality.

50. RocknRolla

#2 what are you talking about? AC3 was/is amazing! Combat is fluent and damn beautiful the best out there if you ask me, graphics look amazing as well, imagina what AC4 will look feel loke, they allways make good adjustments to the combat, and storyline is allways very good. I don’t the point to changing the really good engine they already have, but if they do, well better for us! The release on both consoles I say its bullshit, they shoul’d have kept on polishing the game until PS4 came out at least! But hey? I will wait until PS4 comes out and get this game then? Hehe we are no fools now are we :) the only onse out there who need a complete and total reboot is Activison with their COD games I am most tired of them throughing out a new game every damn hour and people supporting them and buying their shit, no wonder Battlefield is beggining to kick their ass now :) cod will never be what they have been.. Now it is Battlefields time and man do they deserve it? Oh yes!

51. Bill_E_Talent

If being a “pirate” means running around with your hood up and impaling peoples necks with a wrist-blade then count me out. I would much, much rather assume the role of Blackbeard. That would make it seem a lot more like an open-world pirate game, and I would love to see a game like that hit the market.

Still though, just a trailer, so hardly telling of the final game, but I am kinda disappointed that the protagonist looks so damn bland.

52. CaptPierce

@40 AC3 just moved 12 MILLION units in just about four months, so I don’t think sales or interest in the series are going away anytime soon. Plus, Ubisoft is a company that will take criticism of previous games to heart, so they might really improve on the things that went wrong with Assassin’s Creed III. :)