Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 dev wants to try something new next

Friday, 1st March 2013 13:18 GMT By Dave Cook

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 developer Mercury Steam wants to explore a new project after its sequel launches, although it may entertain further Castlevania adventures if demand is strong.

Speaking with Nintendo Life, producer Dave Cox said, “This conversation has come up many times. Right now, we are committed to bringing this story to a close and then we want to try something new.

“Would we come back if their was the demand? It’s hard to answer right now; on the one hand we don’t want to be known as “the Castlevania studio”, we have big ambitions but we also know that there are a large number of people who love the Lords of Shadow series.

“My head says “No, time to move on” but my heart says otherwise. Perhaps it’s time for a new perspective from a new creative team?”

Would you like to see the studio make more Castlevania titles or should it be handed over to a new team? If the latter, who would you pick to develop your dream Castlevania game?

Meanwhile, I played the first three hours of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate recently. Find out what I thought here.

1. LuLshuck

they should at least make 3 games, anyways there already making guerillo del toro new game so i guess they be called the studio that makes guerillo del toro game

#1 1 year ago
  2. Gheritt White

Give them Contra! Then they can be known as the studio that saved Konami :)

#2 1 year ago
  3. Sini

castlevania is dead, konami should have given the series to platinum games. Lords of Shadow was beyond rubbish.

#3 1 year ago
  4. DSeer49

this game is beast i want to see the third one on next gen (sorry for my bad english) but i have to say this :)

#4 1 year ago
  5. OmegaSlayer

CLOS was one of the best game this gen, superior to GodOfWar3 in certain aspects.

Contra may be a good idea, but I would like to stop hearing Cox saying stuff about other games and see some proper gameplay stuff of CLOS2

#5 1 year ago
  6. Bill_E_Talent

I thought Cox had previously expressed a desire to reboot Contra?

#6 1 year ago
  7. Dave Cook

@6 I would LOVE that.

#7 1 year ago
  8. SameeR_Fisher

I agree with #5, CLOS was an amazing game, but the true EPIC game will certainly be CLOS.2, it will blow every single game of the hack n slash genre. -or action adventure-

and I agree, I would love to see them tackle Contra next.

#8 1 year ago
  9. connorthedevil

I think we should get more Castlevania games (at least 3), along with some brand new games, and some Contra. I think they should make another Castlevania with Simon as the protagonist instead of all the Gabriel stuff. Mostly just come up with new idea’s for other series. Try contra again but with new, better graphics and sorta like the segments where you play as modern sonic in Sonic Generations from Sega, where you go in and out from 3rd person view to side scroller.

#9 1 year ago