Arma 3 shots show slight revisions made to content

Friday, 1st March 2013 15:48 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Bohemia Interactive has sent over a new batch of screenshots for Arma 3 which depict slight revisions made to the playable and sandbox content.

Other changes include the renaming of the main Greek island in Arma 3 to ‘Altis’, instead of its original name ‘Limnos’ where two of the firm’s developers were held prisoner last year.

These changes are reflected and in line with the game’s content and visual styling.

The Alpha test for the game starts March 5, and you can find out how to participate if you click the link.

Screenshots and minimum system requirements are below.

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

OS: Windows Vista SP2 / Windows 7 SP1
Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz / AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT / ATI Radeon HD 3830 / Intel HD Graphics 4000
GPU Memory: 512 MB
DirectX: 10
RAM: 2 GB
HDD: 15 GB free space
DVD: Dual Layer compatible
AUDIO: DirectX compatible on-board
OTHER: Internet connection and free Steam account to activate

1. Stephany Nunneley

Due to the tech difficulties experienced earlier with the site, I’ve had to remove the shots do to a backend issue. I am loading them back in at the moment, please stand by.

EDIT: all fixed – no more page breaking shots.

2. xXNapsterManXx

I’ve noticed new things slowly popping up here and there on the site hope a image gallery is soon to come viewing the images on mobile can be quite tasking.

3. CyberMarco

Looks a bit battlefield 3-ish or something.

4. DSB

They look great, but that just kinda worries me.

ArmA’s problem isn’t graphics. It was always about accomodating the community that keeps it going, and actually improving the gameplay.

5. MadFingerz

Actually those are the first screens from any ArmA title that have actually impressed me, graphics wise. Character and vehicle models look much better from what I remember seeing before.

6. GwynbleiddiuM

Pre-order inc, I just hope it’s not as clunky as ArmA 2.

7. Eddie Rodrigues

@3 Battlefield looks like ARMA actually.

8. Erthazus

Yeah, going to play this a lot. Especially with the game-editor. That is my favourite feature since Operation Flashpoint because it is easy to use and at the same time you can create fantastic missions with great cut scenes. :D