Epic Games has announced its GDC 2013 plans, which include loads of panels, demonstrations, and the ability for indie developers to drop by and have a chat.
For developers interested in the firm’s Unreal tech, Epic will host business and technical meetings and it will also be providing free advanced training sessions for Unreal Engine licensees.
Indie developers can also have a chat through specifically slotted drip-in hours.
Epic also confirmed its panel schedule which is as follows:
- Billy Bramer, Gameplay Programmer, Under Construction: Crafting Fortnite’s Building System
- Jim Brown, Lead Level Designer, AAA Level Design in a Day Bootcamp
- Laura Fryer, General Manager (Seattle), Producer Bootcamp and The 3 Most Important Ingredients to Making Great Games: Motivation, Motivation, and Motivation!
- Wyeth Johnson, Art Director, Killer Portfolio or Portfolio Killer: Part 1 – Advice from Industry Artists and Killer Portfolio or Portfolio Killer: Part 2 – Portfolio Review
- Kevin Johnstone, Senior Environment Artist, Subtracting to Add: Environment Optimization Techniques, Killer Portfolio or Portfolio Killer: Part 1 – Advice from Industry Artists and Killer Portfolio or Portfolio Killer: Part 2 – Portfolio Review
- Bert Lewis, Lead Character Artist (ChAIR), Designing the 100+ Characters of Infinity Blade: Establishing Constrained Diversity
- Jonathan Lindquist, Technical Artist, The Inner Workings of Fortnite’s Shader Based Procedural Animations
- Chris Mielke, Producer, Building Epic Worlds through the Strengths of Artsourcing
- Niklas Smedberg, Senior Engine Programmer, “Optimizing AAA Games for Mobile Platforms” (ARM theater, South #1124, Wednesday, March 27, 10:30 a.m.)
Epic will host media briefings covering new Unreal Engine technology, and will showcase high-end HP Z Workstations featuring configurations for the tech.
GDC 2013 takes place in San Francisco March 25-29.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.