MX vs ATV dev “casually” interested in buying license from THQ

Wednesday, 27th February 2013 12:38 GMT By Dave Cook

MX vs ATV developer THQ Digital Phoenix – formally Rainbow Studios – has expressed mild interest in buying the license from the defunct publisher when it returns to auction April 15th.

The second THQ auction was announced yesterday, and it is hoped that the company’s remaining assets will be sold off to bidders.

Speaking with Polygon, former MX vs ATV series lead designer, Eric Lyons Olson said he’d rather see the IP saved than it “getting buried somewhere”.

“My current role won’t really allow me to do something with it,” he continued, “but I’d most likely talk to the few that seem interested if I did acquire it. It will be interesting to see what happens with MX. The reason that franchise did so well is a small group of us live and breathe motocross.

“That touch helped the game be genuine. It will be hard for a normal sec to pick it up and expect similar success without that same kind of chemistry. But, yeah, I’m interested.”

Would you like to see the series saved? Let us know below.

1. MotoX981

i definetly want to see this series saved. i always play the mx vs atv series games but i have been getting bored of them because there isnt new tracks coming out.

#1 1 year ago
  2. meesterover

I would like to get in touch with Eric. I have a proposal. Will you please contact me via my registered email address? I will send you my contact details to pass along to him so he can contact me should he so choose.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Azazel

Definitely yes! MX vs ATV is the only reason I turn on my computer, when I`m not playing I`m training in-real!

Constantine, 24, Moscow, Russia.

#3 1 year ago
  4. raay18

This totally blows. I just bought this game to play with my uncle and father and the day I get the new computer i bought to play it on the servers go down. Why can’t you atleast do LAN on the PC with this game. Something needs to be done about this. Just check out the MX VS ATV REFLEX steam forums alot of very displeased people over the multiplayer going down.

#4 1 year ago
  5. BADHIGEEN

Wow WE make them wealthy over the past 20 years and get stabbed in the back this is how we get treated not even a warning just cut the line pull the plug haha guess what AH’s the best part of the game the only reason you bought multiple copies (multiplayer)is gone dead cuput(ARHHH!!!! PUSS SPUWING BLOOD GUTS AND HELL”S.G.G”) way to let us down you greedy thieving corporate douchbags they don’t care they already have your money MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Sincerely BADHIGEEN

#5 1 year ago
  6. raay18

I WANT A REFUND SEEING AS HOW I BOUGHT THE GAME AND A NICE COMPUTER TO PLAY IT ON AND THE DAY I GET THE MACHINE MULTIPLAYER IS DEAD!!! I WANT A REFUND ONT HE GAME AND THE COMPUTER COURTESY OF THQ & STEAM!!!

#6 1 year ago
  7. BADHIGEEN

ARHHH!!!! PUSS SPUWING BLOOD GUTS AND HELL
    bring back multiplayer!!!!! This game used to rock but without multiplayer its just another redundant snooz fest don’t waist your money like so many others.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Karpuha

MXvsATV It is the best game about motocross race. I don’t want a refund money, I want to continue to play! ! ! ! return the server.

#8 1 year ago
  9. aray227

After playing every game in this series for years I finally talked my buddies into getting Reflex today only to find out that Multiplayer may be done with? This is the only game I even play and I feel like I speak for many others when I say that this series is very good, very enjoyable, and needs to be saved. At least get the multiplayer functioning again. I now know personally, six people who are very unhappy that they just spent twenty dollars on nothing. Whatever needs to be done to fix this, do it.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Loot

You are all missing the point of this article… These guys have nothing to do with steam or the servers being shut down as the IP gets auctioned off. Gauging interest in the series being kept alive/revived, or it risks being buried forever. The answer you were looking for is “yes we would love it to stay alive, especially if it can be closely kept to the people who helped make it authentic and great.”

#10 1 year ago
  11. raay18

Just make a patch where an option for LAN is in the multiplayer like the PS3 version. I mean WTF!

#11 1 year ago
  12. one

In my opinion this is the best XBOX race game ever, the developers obviously new the physics of the sport and incorporated the finest detail. if future owners made some minor changes (say add all the tracks to multiplayer) it would sell well. it’s got to be saved.

#12 1 year ago
  13. BADHIGEEN

well did it sell? hope we got saved

#13 1 year ago
  14. raay18

so what’s going on is it sold?

#14 1 year ago
  15. SplatteredHouse

“The publisher said that it expects to complete the bidding and sale process for the remaining IP assets by mid-May. ” Gamespot noted in February.
    I guess what’s to be known is more likely to come to light after that time. Although, tbh, I could use an informed explanation of how this second auction actually will be resolved, in case the quoted part doesn’t mean what it seems to.

#15 1 year ago
  16. raay18

I thought the last of the auction was April 15?

#16 1 year ago
  17. BADHIGEEN

awmangeeezcrap this sucks reflex was just getting popular on pc too. There was no one to play with when it first came to steam I liked the game a lot but got board with just ai till my bro asked about the coolest mx game out there…… then it was on. I started to play and noticed the multiplayers had grown wish I had checked in sooner =O(
    wan mx vs atv unleased I guess

#17 1 year ago
  18. BADHIGEEN

sorry I got you guys into it

#18 1 year ago
  19. cravinwaves

I saw mx vs atv reflex demo at gamestop, and was so excited about the way you could control the rider and the bike. For me it was like really riding again. I bought the ps3 just to play this game. My best friend, who I used to ride motorcycles with picked up the game and he just loves it too. We would meet up for races all of the time, especially weekends. He lives really far away, so it was a way for us to hang out again. By far, MX vs ATV Reflex has been the best MX game I have ever played. We have been checking the online feature probably every night hoping it would comeback online. We are really bummed that this isn’t working. We hope it will come back online again.

#19 1 year ago
  20. eagle star

Yes I would like to continue the adventure of Mx vs Atv! Do not make the dead games ..

#20 1 year ago