Just Cause 3 teased by Avalanche CEO with new image

Wednesday, 27th February 2013 21:27 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Avalanche Studios CEO Christofer Sundberg has Instagramed yet another teaser image of a project the firm is working on.

This time, it’s obvious the picture is of Just Cause 3. If not, I have a batch of Adventure Time socks I just bought, that I will eat. Surely they would go down better than a pair of pants.

The previous teaser image released looked a bit like the Mad Max title the firm is said to be working on.

Lest my eyes deceive me, and to add to the rampant speculation on my part, Sundberg also tweeted the following: “Is it a bird? Is it a plane? #yearoftheavalanche #avalanchestudios. Tease is all I do as I’m just as full of shit as the rest of them. Or am I? #e32013 #goforknockout.”

Personally, I am just excited that I may get to play another Just Cause title sooner rather than later – and I have no qualms regarding such an admission.

Thanks Evil Avatar.

1. No_PUDding

Doesn’t look superbly different. Hope it looks great in motion.

And I just want the grapple to be actual rope physics. Rather than laser physics.

I wanna swing and shit.

#1 1 year ago
  2. LuLshuck

prepare your mountaintops

#2 1 year ago
  3. YoungZer0

I loved Just Cause 2. The game was pure fun. I just hope they get better voiceactors and a good story this time. Those pseudo chinese/indian/whatever else voices really got on my nerves quickly.

“Report-o violenc-a!”

Ugh. So fucking annoying.

btw. Steph, I know this story isn’t in any way related to the game BUT is there ANY word from Bethesda about Prey 2?

#3 1 year ago
  4. Edo

But it’s the same character from the previous image(that most of the people thought was Mad Max related)innit?Better prep those socks Steph :P .

#4 1 year ago
  5. DSB

That does look pretty Just Cause 3′ish.

But I’m gonna stick with Mad Max, just because there’s no way Steph can ever show her face on this site again if it does turn out to be Mad Max, and she happens to go back on eating her incredibly childish socks.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Stephany Nunneley

@5 HEY! *poke* My “childish” socks only prove I have a whimsical side! ;)

Plus: I don’t ever recall anyone jumping out of planes in the Mad Max films. Note I said “recall”.

@4 I have a fridge full of condiments should I need ‘em! :D

#6 1 year ago
  7. povu

This game could really benefit from multiplayer, just look at the JC2 MP mod.

#7 1 year ago
  8. DSB

@6 Oh I know, I’m definitely not calling you out for leaning that way. There were no aircraft in Mad Max, and the way the model is positioned looks a lot like Just Cause 2.

I just really want to see you eat those socks man!

#8 1 year ago