The War Z returns to Steam

Tuesday, 26th February 2013 23:04 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Much criticised survival MMO The War Z is once more available on Steam. Early reports suggest the product is somewhat more polished than at its initial launch, and its marketing materials have been altered to remove the troubling claims which resulted in its disappearance from Steam in December.

Thanks, PCGamesN.

1. Gnosis

Kill it. Kill it with fire.

#1 1 year ago
  2. nollie4545

For £11 I’ll let them have a second try. Day Z but without a retarded Arma interface and engine, I’ll let them have the benefit of the doubt.

Good luck with the metascore mind!

#2 1 year ago
  3. Erthazus

“Arma interface and engine”

hohoho!

Sorry, but no. ArmA interface is brilliant. How it should be. It’s realistic and it is the best for the games like ArmA or DayZ in the future.

WarZ has a crappy Call Of Duty/Counter-Strike interface Rip Off with SMALL retarded map where are the same buildings all over the place that has no substance, with horrible graphics and shitty MMORPG-like random drops.

Retarded and absolutely horrible F2P model which makes Activision a true hero and an angel because renting servers cost you 50$ for one month in this game, but nooooooo you want a password on your server? Fuck you, pay additional 10$

and you don’t have any permission on this server, you can’t make any moderators and you can’t ban or block people and so on. Basically you are paying for developer servers which is the most outrageous thing ever.

Also, this game has the most impressive anti-cheat system aka = 80% of players with cheats, AIMBOTS, Wallhacks, ESP, NO CLIP and even God Mode.

and the fact that they don’t know what to do with their Anti-cheat system and FAIRFIGHT mode just makes them a complete idiots and i’m not even talking about SPAWN killers or Jumpers.

this game is a failure on many levels. In fact, it’s probably the worst game on the PC in this generation right now. The only reason this POS has a success because it has an interesting concept where they ripped off everything there is from Walking dead poster to DayZ logo. That’s it.

#3 1 year ago
  4. nollie4545

I didn’t play the game (war Z) when it was originally released, but I am a serious Arma 2 player nonetheless, and it fails spectacularly when you start to bring it away from the core idea of it being a military simulator. In Day Z, when the action is tense and packed, the whole game mechanics are just too clunky in my book to make it really enjoyable. I’ll be the first one to buy Day Z standalone when it is released, the concept of the game is sound, it can be fun, it can be truly hilarious and some of the co-op elements of the game are the best I have ever experienced in a game, but the Arma 2 engine, player movement, interface is just scarily bad. I don’t want Arma to be a clone of COD or BF as you say, but the character moves like he is in treacle, weapon aiming and view point motion is like someone with arthritis!

It’s not so bad when you play conventional Arma 2 warfare, its a more formal and managed style of game play. But in Day Z, there is no structure, you have to move and adapt and be aware. At the moment it is like doing brain surgery whilst wearing boxing gloves. Day Z as a concept though, is excellent.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Erthazus

DayZ mod is indeed need fixes and other stuff, but WarZ is just a failure on so many levels.

#5 1 year ago
  6. nollie4545

Well hopefully they have had a go at making it workable for now. If its fluid and simple I’ll be more interested and for £11 I would be more ready to look at it and check reviews first of course.

The fact it is a copy of someones mod doesn’t bother me; competition is good for gamers because it makes devs up their game.

Day Z the game will be pretty hard to beat I reckon as you say.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Erthazus

You should also look forward to this: http://survarium.com/en

DayZ and Survarium are top notch AAA games with this concept.

#7 1 year ago
  8. nollie4545

Ah, survarium is the Stalker concept put into MMO isn’t it? I had heard about it, thanks for that. Will definitely be investing in Day Z and that. The only thing that makes me a bit hesitant about both games is the behavior of other players- being mercilessly destroyed by other players is so so disheartening.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Erthazus

@8, Yes, Stalker concept put into MMO by the same STALKER devs that worked for Stalker 2.

“The only thing that makes me a bit hesitant about both games is the behavior of other players- being mercilessly destroyed by other players is so so disheartening.”

that’s where Survarium makes a difference. There will be no PvP on one big map where players kill each other. There will be PVE and PVP servers.
    It’s about quests, NPC, dialogs, RPG elements focus will be big and etc.

there will be 2 fractions and you can kill players only from other fraction. (There will be Free for All modes but in small maps)

#9 1 year ago
  10. Yoshi

I’m sorry but War Z is not a bad game. It feels so much more polished than Day Z. I’m sure Day Z standalone will be fun and I believe I’ll enjoy both.

#10 1 year ago
  11. NocturnalB

@10 That is because the only DayZ you’ve ever played was unfinished, a mod, it wasn’t a fully worked on polished up game.

The War Z is and will always be one SHADY AS HELL dev’s attempt to cash in on a growing fad. It was made purely as a cash grab. The people that are creating and running it are completely untrustworthy as they have proven already.

As for the controls ehhh i might catch a little flaming: I do like ArmA/DayZ’s controls BUT, i do prefer having slightly more simplified options available. If they could figure out a way to make both happen I’d be happy.

#11 1 year ago