EA on PS4: “A lot of stuff” on the way, Battlefield 4 “stunning”

Tuesday, 26th February 2013 22:29 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Although it hasn’t made any formal announcements yet, EA has plenty of next-generation reveals to make in the next few months.

The news comes courtesy of EA chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen, speaking at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media and Telecom Conference as reported by Polygon.

“I’d say between now and E3 you’re going to see a lot of stuff from us,” he said.

“We’re very excited about Sony’s platform. The technical power on the platform is going to allow us to do a substantial amount of things we’ve never done before.”

Despite the lack of official comment, EA has said it’s working on a next-gen FIFA game, and Battlefield 4 is an open secret.

“I’ve seen the new Battlefield and it is stunning. It is just amazing what the imagination of the game developers are allowed to do with that much power,” Jorgensen added.

1. woe

Talked about “Gen 4″ consoles (PS4/720) and implied comparable power ratio between the two

“8-10x the power of current gen consoles”
    Implied they will launch very close to each other

Theorized that initial launch prices for EA games could be $69.99 (if that is what the high end MSRP set by Sony/Microsoft is)

Will continue to support digital download business, but internet infrastructure globally means retail is hugely important for the foreseeable future

FIFA 14 definitely coming this year (cross gen title)
    Battlefield 4 looks amazing; implied 1080p/60fps (target for next gen games)

15 core titles being worked on for next gen

2. reask

Looks like were gonna be hearing a lot of hype over the next few months from both Sony and MS.

I want to see the meat from both and less of the hype.
    I want to support both as this gen both impressed me but hey I aint gonna buy in to prettier games doing essentially the same thing as I can now get on my PS360.

3. Erthazus

I will be dissapointed if the game will look slightly better because of PS4/720, Xbox 360 and PS3 hardware on the PC.

I hope that with Frostbyte 2 they will make Battlefield 4 look even better and have more players then 64 on the PC.

+ I hope that they will return commander option.

4. nollie4545

Of course they will push the barriers in the PC world, otherwise their competitors will destroy them. There is a lot of serious games in the pipeline over the next 12 months, and a tonne of new hardware is out there looking for a stretch. Personally I think the future has never been more interesting for console and PC gamers.

5. Zohar

@3 During BF3 beta on PC server operators figured out how to break the player cap. Had some fun 200 player “battles” during that time lmao! I say “battles” because it was less battling and more clusterfucking.