Diablo 3 will suport offline play on PS3 and PS4 – report

Tuesday, 26th February 2013 00:13 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Diablo 3 on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 will be playable offline, according to an interview reported by Eurogamer. The interview is no longer available, but Sony’s John Hight is said to have mentioned offline play briefly before being interrupted. The news makes sense in a console context but the Mac and PC versions of Diablo 3 famously require always-on Internet in order to help keep it free from hacks and cheats, something the real-money Auction House requires. The console version will have a number of interesting features and has not been dated.

1. Gnosis

Some ppl are gonna be reaaaaally pissed.

#1 1 year ago
  2. orakaa

I might be interested in Diablo III, depending on how the game plays with a controller (don’t like the PC gameplay, just like I don’t like WoW gameplay)… but only if the game is playable offline.
    If it requires an always-on connection, then I’ll pass, just as for the PC version.

#2 1 year ago
  3. GwynbleiddiuM

@1 Me included ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

#3 1 year ago
  4. Erthazus

I’m not pissed at all.

I’m pissed that Blizzard didn’t released NEW CONTENT for the PC, instead they are porting PC version to consoles which is okay but content… Where is my content YOU STUPID FUCKS.

#4 1 year ago
  5. GwynbleiddiuM

^That too, but I want offline play since I need that to play with my Brothers, you know Blizzard blocked Iran, etc, etc.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Talkar

@5 Aren’t they required by law to sever the connection to Iran?
    I’m pretty sure the US has a law saying you can’t do business with people from Iran, due to them currently being afraid of the alleged nuclear weapons development there. A dumbass law since how does games affect nuclear development, but still, Blizzard has to obey the law…

#6 1 year ago
  7. Sylrissa

If they allow full offline play, unlike the PC release, then I’ll buy it.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Vice

What a cheap, pathetic piece of shit bitches Blizzard are…. I’m really proud of myself that I never cave in to all the hype and never bought it.
    And never plan to buy any other Blizzard product again after this shit.
    What’s worst, they didn’t even have balls to admit they add always-online shit to prevent piracy! They had to go with some bullshit “in our day and age internet is everywhere blahblahblah”.

#8 1 year ago
  9. ManuOtaku

If this is the case, i will be getting it for sure, otherwise i wont.

#9 1 year ago
  10. OlderGamer

Would be funny if the console version somehow out sold the PC version.

I didn’t love the game, it lacked alot of the draw that Diablo II had. And didn’t offer the run and gun fun or the pluthera of options that Torchlight II does. However, it was a good game. And if I can play it offline in bed at night on my PS3, I am all in.

#10 1 year ago
  11. ManuOtaku

@10 not only fun OG, it will send an strong statement to devs, that perhaps gamers want their singleplayer games offline,and becuase of this i hope what are you saying will come true OG, finally i will get my first diablo experience ;)

#11 1 year ago
  12. theevilaires

“I’m not pissed at all”…..

….”Where is my content YOU STUPID FUCKS”

Yea you don’t sound pissed at all. Just your tourettes kicking in again huh you dumb PC troll.

This is another piece of the truth why console gaming will always rule over PC gaming aka the slowly dying breed of nerds. Can’t wait to play the Ultimate Superior version of Diablo 3 on my PS4 ;)

#12 1 year ago
  13. ManuOtaku

@12 i dont know if to wait for the ps4 release or the ps3 version, if both gets the same release date , i will get the ps4, but if the ps3 version releases earlier i will get the ps3 instead, i think, not sure atm

#13 1 year ago
  14. Erthazus

@theevilaires,
    “This is another piece of the truth why console gaming will always rule over PC gaming aka the slowly dying breed of nerds. Can’t wait to play the Ultimate Superior version of Diablo 3 on my PS4″

without Anti-Aliasing, dumbed down controls and probably dumbed down difficulty.

Also, I already played the game and finished it last year with the best control-scheme. So the only dying breed here are Playstation fanboys that receive ports. Good luck.

@13, Wait for the PS4 version because maybe they will include AA and probably will have better frame rate.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Gheritt White

@12: The future of gaming is platform free and in the cloud, when things like PCs and consoles are a thing of the past. Ultimately, this will all be delivered directly into your living room through your TV via remote servers. I’d say we’re less than ten years away from that reality.

#15 1 year ago
  16. OlderGamer

Gotta agree with Erth, Manu. If you can stand the wait, hold out for the PS4 version. And yeah you are right Manu, it will be great for folks that haven’t been able to enjoy a Diablo game to get a crack at one. I would like to see Torchlight II on PS4 as well.

And Gheritt

#16 1 year ago
  17. ManuOtaku

#15 i dont know it is to early to tell there are techs that would made that future not so feasable, like holographics, etc, again console boxed deidacated machines tech(physical boxes games), is way to unpredictable to see what will be the norm in the future is really early to tell, i rather wait and see for the real future.

#17 1 year ago