Uncharted 3 multiplayer going free-to-play, Sony slip suggests

Monday, 25th February 2013 01:08 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception is going free-to-play for PlayStation Plus users, it seems.

The PlayStation Blog‘s usual update on upcoming releases briefly listed the multiplayer portion of Uncharted 3 as free to PS Plus subscribers.

The post was hastily edited, and I didn’t get a screen grab, but comments on the post show other users also saw the reveal, and the RSS version of the post went out too quickly, with an Uncharted 3 multiplayer screenshot still attached.

The reveal and retraction perhaps point to a last minute delay of the content, so keep an eye out over the next few weeks.

1. CycloneFox

Oh please make this happen in Europe too. I want to play this with a friend, who had no PS3, when the game came out and played the SP on my console back then. Now he has a PS3 but don’t want to buy it just for the MP. But I still want to play it with hime online so badly. I just love th MP.

2. ps3fanboy

your misusing the word ‘free’ again. stop paying that ps+ and you will see how free-to-play that uncharted3 mp is… idiots!

3. nikk900

@2 They call it free because it would hard to work out how much you’re spending on it, when you pay £40 and get hundreds of pounds worth of content.

4. Petulant Radish

@4, so still not free then?

5. CyberMarco

For a moment I thought that the game would go F2P with micro-transaction. The title is misleading…

6. mreko3230

I haven’t owned a PS3 in a few years. I was unaware you had to pay for multiplayer on PS3.

7. freedoms_stain

@6, as in you wouldn’t have to buy a copy of Uncharted 3 to play it.