Respawn Entertainment headed to E3 2013

Monday, 25th February 2013 22:06 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Respawn Entertainment has confirmed it will be in attendance at E3 2013, presumably to show off its first game.

“I’ve gotten a ‘few’ questions about E3 Expo plans this year. Yes, we will finally be at E3,” Respawn co-founder Vince Zampella said on Twitter.

“I have no intention of showing up empty handed. I can’t say anything else right now,” he added.

Respawn was founded by Zampella and long-time colleague Jason West after the two left Infinity Ward, the Activision-owned Call of Duty developer they founded and builty up.

Respawn has a publishing contract with EA, and has attracted a significant number of former Infinity Ward staffers.

Famously, West and Zampella were accused of fraternising with the enemy (EA) and were forcibly ejected from Infinity Ward; the resulting lawsuit took years to settle.

Respawn has dropped only the vaguest hints of what its first project might be – although presumably it’s a shooter, and probably a multi-platform release on current and next-gen systems. Its release date is unknown.

E3 2013 takes places from June 11 through 13 in Los Angeles.

1. Erthazus

Call Of duty 2.0?

#1 1 year ago
  2. Erthatwat

likely run on last-gen engine dat duznt take full use of ma i9 dodecacore PC running 20 GTX790s all SLI’d to the max

#2 1 year ago
  3. YoungZer0

@2: Very believable.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Maxey

Incumbency of Service, starring Lt. Rodriguez and a British badass called Cpt. Valour.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Edo

About f**king time :) .

#5 1 year ago
  6. YoungZer0

I wonder if they are going to do a Bungie and tell us how revolutionary and gamechanging the game is that they can’t show us now.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Max Payne

it will blow away both Halo and Destiny that’s for sure.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Sanwiches

@Maxey hahahah! though I’m not against another version of Captain Price

#8 1 year ago
  9. Erthazus

I actually want really cool Sci-fi shooter. They are with EA and they can do really well this time with good tech.

#9 1 year ago
  10. DSB

It’s gonna be one Origin exclusive that I’ll be very, very sad not to get.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Talkar

I somewhat hope it will be a Blackberry exclusive card game. Just for the pure WTF?! moment, followed by the nerd rage. It will be glorious ^^
    Seriously though, i’m expecting another generic FPS, which might be great. BLOPS 2 was a generic FPS and i thought that was pretty decent. Obviously not as good as DOOM or QUAKE, but then again, what is? :P

#11 1 year ago
  12. Moonwalker1982

Who’s Respawn again?

#12 1 year ago
  13. killersense

the modern warfare 2 team that got fired by activision decided to respawn again for EA!

#13 1 year ago
  14. Dragon246

I wont be surprised if it has exclusive content for 360 and 720, like destiny has for ps3,4.

#14 1 year ago
  15. G1GAHURTZ

Probably the first time in well over a decade that I’m hyped to see an EA game!

#15 1 year ago