Watch Sony’s full PlayStation 4 reveal right here

Friday, 22nd February 2013 15:03 GMT By Nick Akerman

Have you heard? Some little console called the PS4 was revealed for a Holiday 2013 release last Wednesday. If you missed Sony’s massive New York reveal, or fancy watching it again, you can do so right here.

That’s right, the full two hour meeting is here for all to see. I should probably hush up and let you get to watchin’.

1. Yoshi

If I was him, I’d have totally trolled everyone.

“Our next generation platform… the PlayStation Portable Vita-Pro… trololololol. Nah you already know it’s the PlayStation 4 baby.”

#1 1 year ago
  2. mistermogul

I was really impressed with Sony and what they showed. At the moment I’m about 50/50 as to whether to get PS4/Nextbox…

MS need to bring their A-game that’s for sure.

One thing though – before the conference Sony took the piss out of Nintendo saying “Yay another Mario game blah blah”, then they go and show another Killzone, Infamous etc… Talk about hypocrites!

#2 1 year ago
  3. Nick Akerman

@1: “Our new handheld, the PS Vita Go…”

#3 1 year ago
  4. Beta

KZ and inFamous haven’t had as many sequels as Mario has ;)

I would love to see some new ip soon though.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Yoshi

@2 Dude that was a fake google ad, or rather some randomer just did it to troll.

#5 1 year ago
  6. MadFingerz

@2 Indeed, the reveal went quite well, despite some stupid moments like having 4 Bungie guys on stage and only one of them talking or the whole Square Enix segment that was just a huge WTF?. But that aside, they did exactly what they should, only foccusing on the PS4 and not anything else. We all know how Sony likes to talk about their history and what not but this time they released those videos on the days before the event to cover that aspect, which means that they even did well on pre-event.

It’s ironic but I think that if I was an investor I would have been way more interested in Sony after this event than I would be after past ones where they talk too much about business aspects. I hope this means they actually learned their lesson and won’t bore us on future events.

#6 1 year ago
  7. AyKKon

Is it only me that noticed the Master Chief footage on the Bungie video during the conference? I found that rather funny, dont know if on purpose though :)

#7 1 year ago
  8. DrDamn

Yeah spotted that too – never thought I’d see him in a Sony press conference :).

There was at least one little jibe at Nintendo during the whizz-bang-montage intro wasn’t there? Or did I imagine it? Something about moustaches or plumbers?

#8 1 year ago
  9. MadFingerz

I think everyone saw that. It’s kind of ridiculous to talk about Bungie and not expect people to think about Halo, especially during a Sony event, so having footage from Halo there was actually smart, it’s like Sony was saying “We know how much people love Halo and Bungie and now they will make games for us too”.

#9 1 year ago
  10. DrDamn

There wasn’t footage of Halo – unless I missed something – it was just a life-size Master Chief model in their offices.

#10 1 year ago
  11. MadFingerz

haha yeah, you are right, it was past 1am here, guess my brain mixed that together with Destiny footage xD

Still, they had them mention Halo and even show that model. They could have been silly cunts and told them to cut it but they didn’t which was smart imo

#11 1 year ago
  12. Dragon246

That Bungie thing was clearly to lure xbox owners, and I wont be surprised if they won at least a few of them.
    Wondering about EA though. Change of sides for them then?

#12 1 year ago
  13. karma

Not gonna gonna say I was impressed because the things I saw should be a given anyway, but I wasn’t put off either, so, so far, so good…
    The big thing for me is the blocking or some form of restriction on used games. According to Penny Arcade: http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/think-the-ps4-wil-be-best-friends-with-used-games-not-so-fast
    they clearly have something up their sleeve even though the earlier news seemed to say we would be able to play used games. Most likely that wasn’t the whole truth after all.

#13 1 year ago
  14. DarkElfa

They screwed everyone on the reveal. 2 hours of bad public speakers and they didn’t even show the box.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Clupula

Who gives a fuck what it looks like? The original PS3 looked like a fucking tank. I cared about the games, not what shape a black box is.

#15 1 year ago
  16. Beta

They did not screw us, you’ll see the console in time.

If you want some help, it will be black, it will be box shaped. I’m more interested in if they have a good line up of games and the price of the thing, not the aesthetics of a box.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Clupula

@17 – YOU DON’T GET IT, MAN!!! WHAT IF THE EDGES ARE CURVED INSTEAD OF BEING ANGULAR?!? WHAT IF THE EDGES ARE CURVED!!!

HOW’D IT GET BURNED?!? HOW’D IT GET BURNED?!? AAAH MY GAAAWD!! THE BEEEEES!!! THE BEEEES!!!!

#17 1 year ago
  18. Beta

The Wicker Man 2006, greatest comedy of all time. ;)

#18 1 year ago
  19. Clupula

@19 – I am totally imagining DarkElf as Nicolas Cage. I could very much imagine him yelling at his monitor, “Where’s the fucking console, man?!? WHY’D THEY SCREW US LIKE THAT?!?”

#19 1 year ago
  20. Beta

NO CONSOLE!? WHERE’S THE CONSOLE! MY EYES MY EYES AHHHHH!

And then he goes Ghost Rider on Sony.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Clupula

I’m just imagining at E3, Jack Tretton is speaking when suddenly a man in a bear suit runs up and punches him in the face.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Beta

And then he threatens Jack with a gun and steals his bike.

#22 1 year ago
  23. Clupula

I’m a vampire! I’M A VAMPIRE!

#23 1 year ago
  24. Beta

You don’t say?

#24 1 year ago
  25. DarkElfa

Because until they show the box all this is, is a bunch of sweaty palmed guys talking about their gaming hopes and dreams for two hours.

@Clupula, I hope you didn’t pick your girlfirend out with that mentality.

“Who gives a fuck what she looks like, she puts out”. Looks matter man, they just do.

Example:

*Gamecube* Drops mic, walks away…

#25 1 year ago
  26. sh4dow

Heard what? ;)

#26 1 year ago
  27. sh4dow

Hey! Gamecube is my second favorite console ever! Great tech and great games!
    Also the only console I bothered buying right at launch. Aside from Dreamcast. (And now guess which one my favorite ever is…)

#27 1 year ago
  28. Dragon246

@25,
    “The box is physicality. My point, show me that this thing actually exists and its finished.”
    No. Its not finished and Sony doesn’t give a damn about it, and neither does sane consumers. Fine?

#28 1 year ago
  29. RazorBladeJam

^ And if it does look prettier than the nextbox, no Sony fanboy will boast about design…

Wait or course they will, because ascetics matter.

One day the Sony defence force will learn to not take minor criticism to heart.

#29 1 year ago