Diablo 3: PS3 screens surface, PS4 details shared

Thursday, 21st February 2013 14:40 GMT By Dave Cook

Diablo 3 developer Blizzard has posted debut screens of its console build, heading to PS4 and PS3. The studio has also discussed key elements of the game, such as custom controls and co-op.

In a post over on Battle.net, Blizzard explained that the PS3 and PS4 edition of Diablo 3 would be based on the core PC game, and will include Paragon levels, the Infernal Machine event, Monster Power, and Brawling. It will be ‘adapted’ for PS4, suggesting an enhanced edition is in the works as well.

Four-player online co-op was confirmed, and there is even four-player local mode too for split-screen carnage.

Blizzard added that the game would be shown running at PAX East between March 22nd–24th.

Here is the first trio of screens:

Thanks target="_blank">Kotaku.

1. melonbuster1

This crap? ?? No world of warcraft? ? If the Xbox720 gets that it’s a wrap for Sony. Microsoft almost had it this generation. . Now they will have the power to run the game. And unlike Sony Microsoft pockets run deeper.

#1 1 year ago
  2. YoungZer0

But is it always-online? Because that’s the reason why I did not buy it on PC.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Patrick Garratt

Would rather have some more bloody content for the PC version, to be honest.

#3 1 year ago
  4. OlderGamer

Me too Pat.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Erthazus

@3, Me too LOL.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Gheritt White

Aye, and me. I would like to see a few more character classes, tbh – something that could properly replace the Druid from D2.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Cobra951

@2: Ditto, and ditto. A version that lets me play SP offline at least has a chance of getting purchased. The current one does not.

#7 1 year ago
  8. melonbuster1

Oh don’t you think that the Ps4 is always online? ?? You need it to be to have it a connection to all the cool stuff. So if it’s not hooked up to the internet you have a nice box that plays games that you won’t do what it’s meant to do. Witch is stay connected to your friends. And you need that new eyetoy to have it work. So now is the Xbox720 being online all the time and you need the Kinect 2.0 any different? ?. Same box same game plan different name

#8 1 year ago
  9. Dave Cook

@8 PS4 doesn’t have to always be online, Yoshida confirmed this today. Naturally some features will be lost but it’s not a necessity.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Beta

@8 http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-playstation-4-does-not-require-an-internet-connection

#10 1 year ago
  11. Cobra951

“So if it’s not hooked up to the internet you have a nice box that plays games . . .”

@8: That’s exactly what I’m after. That’s what I’ve always been after when I buy new consoles. I can connect to friends and the rest of the world if I choose, but I don’t have to. It also lets me choose if and when I update the system, or do anything else the IP owners may want me to do, but perhaps I don’t. My system, my choices. This is too important for me to give up.

@9: Thank you Dave! That makes my day.

#11 1 year ago
  12. _LarZen_

Played it for hours and hours on the PC, these type of games are great with a hand controller so I am really excited for this.

And one can only dream that Blizzard will show their new project called Titan soon, and that it will also come for the PS4.

A great time to be a gamer!

#12 1 year ago
  13. GwynbleiddiuM

@3 as Bill Adama used to say, “So say we all”.

#13 1 year ago
  14. CPC_RedDawn

Yea I loved this game, blasted through the entire story in about 4 1/2 hours…. That is the thing, its far too short!

Great game, lots of cool loot to find a ton of hidden stuff to find, nice online connectivity to join random people and invite friends. A decent story, but the game is so short. I bet the PS4 gets exclusive levels to try and entice people to buy it.

Also if these are PS4 screens then it looks like the PC version set to low/medium.

#14 1 year ago
  15. ManuOtaku

I will get it if its not always connected online, i dont mind this for MOBA or other multiplayer games, but for singleplayer is BIG FAT NO

#15 1 year ago